Boys name help/suggestions please!

SarahP13

Mummy to a princess :-)
Reaction score
I'm 13 weeks so early to be thinking of names but with DD1 I was incredibly sure it would be a girl (we stayed team yellow) and with DD2 we found out at 16 weeks we were team pink so haven't ever settled on a boys name.

DH isn't taking it seriously yet but I want to get started on names. I don't have a problem finding girls names I like but I'm really struggling with boys. This is my list of possibilities but not sure I love any of them.

Zachary
Arthur
Rupert
Albert
Lachlan
Rufus
Oscar
George
Brodie
Fergus

The middle name will be James after my grandad. My daughters are Grace Mary and Evelyn (Evie) Elizabeth.

Which names do you prefer? Any other suggestions along these lines?

Thanks ladies!

Boys are so hard!

I like Oscar the best from your list. Then Brodie.

Other suggestions:
Theodore
Archer
Callum
Edward
Felix
Rafferty
Silas
Hugo
Vincent

Thanks for your suggestions. Oscar is probably my favourite but I don't like the nickname Oz or Ozzie.

I actually really like Archer, Felix and Theodore from your list but I used to be a nanny and looked after little boys with those names so they're a no-no for me! Also love Hugo but a good friend just named her son Hugo :-(.

Might put Edward in my list, I like the nicknames Ted and Ned!

Thanks. X

I like Oscar and Rupert. I also like Lachlan but don't think it fits as well with your girls' names.

My lbs Oscar and only 1 nursery worker has ever called him ozzie and that was 3.5yrs ago.

He tends to gets Osc or ocka. He called himself ocka as he couldn't say Oscar and it stuck

I love Arthur and would use if oh let me

I'm very happy to have named my son Zachary :) Most people can spell it, we get a lot of compliments and it just feels natural to call him Zach

I prefer Arthur and then Albert but with the nickname Albie. We are either having an Arthur or An Albie, we haven't quite decided yet although am 90% certain he will be an Arthur. :)

I like Oscar and Rupert. I also like Lachlan but don't think it fits as well with your girls' names.

Rupert was my favourite for ages but husband is absolutely dead set against that one. He thinks he'll be teased about his name- I don't think that's the case really, when we were kids names were far more ordinary but these days they're far more varied.

Lachlan has come about because OH is half Scottish but I agree I'm not sure it goes so well with the girls.

My lbs Oscar and only 1 nursery worker has ever called him ozzie and that was 3.5yrs ago.

He tends to gets Osc or ocka. He called himself ocka as he couldn't say Oscar and it stuck

I love Arthur and would use if oh let me

I love Ocka! That's so sweet. May have to bounce some other nn's around a bit. Thanks!

I'm very happy to have named my son Zachary :) Most people can spell it, we get a lot of compliments and it just feels natural to call him Zach

Zachary is a new addition to the list but really growing on me. :thumbup:

I prefer Arthur and then Albert but with the nickname Albie. We are either having an Arthur or An Albie, we haven't quite decided yet although am 90% certain he will be an Arthur. :)

Arthur is one of the only ones I think my OH would go for at the mo. I love it as a name but not sure I can see myself with an Arthur. Might be a grower!

With ur girls names Oscar probably fits the nicest. I like Lachlan tho X

I have Kasper, Leo and Logan x

From your list, I like Zachary, Arthur, and Lachlan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->