Brandon Matthew Caira's Birth Story

steph1505

Reaction score
Hey :D Cant believe Im writing my birth story already! Jeez!

My little Peanut was due on 31st of August. On Sunday 16th of August, I had such a good pregnancy day, was all hyper and in such a good mood. Me and OH went to bed that night and then I felt this almighty gush of water! I phoned the midwife and she told me to head up and get checked out so off to the hospital we headed!

So the midwife confirmed that my waters had indeed broke but because I hadnt had any contractions yet they let me go home and said that if I hadnt stated labour myself then I was to go in at 8.30am on the Tuesday morning to get induced. I really hoped this wouldnt happen tho cos I had dreamed of a birth in the birthpool.

So all of the Monday I started getting contractions and they were getting stronger and stronger! By 7am on the Tuesday morning they were 5 minutes apart so we headed up the hospital.

Got to the hospital by about 8.15am and got checkout out by the midwife...I wasnt even 1cm dialated! I was devestated and they sent me down to get induced. I couldnt believe how sore the contractions were...I had been using my TENS machine but the midwife recommended I get straight on the Gas&Air cos I was in so much pain! Wow that stuff is great :rofl:

Anyway...the pain just got worse and worse and was then given some diamorphine but not long after that they gave me an epidural cos I just wasnt handling the pain! Well that epidural was a complete miracle worker! I would recommend them to anyone!

Sadly though, I wasnt progressing quickly enough and by 4pm I was only 4cm dialated. My little one was starting to get distressed and his heartbeat (which should have been between 120 and 160) fell to just 40!! The midwife said it was because of the way he was lying and got me to change position and this seemed to work. However, it continued to happen and was beginning to become more regular so the head midwife ordered and emergency c-section!

Me and my OH were terrified but we knew we had to do it to get the little one out safely. So off we went to the theatre and about 15minutes later, I had my beautiful little boy in my arms!!

Me and OH cried and cried! We were soooooo happy to have him here! After 46 hours of labour, our beautiful boy was here!

So here is some pictures of Brandon Matthew Caira, born on Tuesday 18th of August at 18.30 weighing 7lb 5oz.

Attachments

• S7300825.jpg
    S7300825.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 46
  • S7300836.jpg
    S7300836.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 46
  • S7300834.jpg
    S7300834.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 35
aww hes is soooo cute and the spitting image of his daddy congrats x

Congratulations, he is gorgeous!

Ahh Congratualtions, hes a cutie pie! :happydance:

:hugs:

Thank you so much! Everyone thinks hes his daddys image :D I dont think thats a bad thing tho! xxx

awww congratulations! He is gorgeous! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->