Braxton hicks already?

Mrs Dragonfly

Raising our toddler
Reaction score
Occasionally through the day I'll feel a tightening sensation in my lower abdomen, it's not painful but it makes me wonder if I'm feeling braxton hicks already?

They're not as intense of a tightening as I remember BH being when I was pregnant with my daughter. I have cramps that come and go now and then, but nothing that bothersome. I have an appointment on Monday for my 16 week visit so I will be bringing it up with my midwife.

I get the occasional bracton hicks too. I have with all but the first baby.

A couple of weeks ago they were painful enough to wake me up. Turns out I was constipated!

Think they are pretty normal as I had them with all pregnancies (apart from my first)

Things like dehydration and being constipated can set them off too.

Absolutely. They start at around 6 weeks, and since you know what the feeling is, and your body is better at pregnancy (from experience), you'll notice them earlier. I start feelin them in first trimester, and I drink some water to tone them down so I won't feel them. They're gentle, and they'll probably be gentle for another several weeks before they start to feel like the ones you remember from your last pregnancy. Some people do get stronger ones from the start, but I think that's more rare.

Normal :) I've been having them since 16 weeks too but they're not as intense as with my daughter either :)

Thank you ladies! That's very reassuring, I'm working on upping my water intake - these will be a big reminder to drink more.

I felt my first ones at 9 weeks this time! I was like what :haha: but even though it was low down and over a small area, it's an unmistakable tightening feeling. I don't get them that much but sometimes, it's actually reassuring because as my uterus gets bigger, I feel them higher up my tummy :)

How strange you felt them so early Mummafrog! It is neat that with the braxton hicks happening so early I can feel where my uterus is already and that it's higher up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->