Braxton hicks at 20 weeks

amberjoy

Reaction score
So I have been experiencing some braxton hicks since 19 weeks and I know they are hicks because I confirmed it with my doctor. My only concern is I was reading online and in books that they aren't supposed to hurt at all and most women don't even notice it this early in the pregnancy. But mine hurt.. not a lot but when I get them I get cramps and I don't want to move until it stops. I am on my feet all day and barely get breaks at work. I was talking with my sister and she said it's only hurting because I need to take it easier. So my question is should I just brush it off and relax or is it something I should call the doctor about? I do get them at least 4 - 5 times a day.

Personally, I would talk to the people I work with about it and see if there was any way possible I could take it a bit easier there. I would also call my doctor, just in case, and see if there were any suggestions he/she had to make it easier, then I would just worry about relaxing more. I hope it gets better!!

Back when I was working at a gas station I had the same problem since I rarely ever got any breaks and my BH are painful too, even worse when standing a lot and back then and even now I will get several a day. When I asked my doc about them she said as l don't have more than 2-3 an hour and they aren't timeable it's still ok and to just monitor them and try not to overdue it. The only thing that has helped me is sitting down and gently rubbing the sides of my stomach and drinking a lot of water. If you can't sit then try and lean against something to relax a little bit, I found even leaning against a counter helped in comparison to remaining on my feet.

Ok thanks so much ladies! My doctor told me today the same things. I called my boss today too and told her I need to take more breaks and she gave me the ok to do so. Hoping it gets better!

I've had them since early on with this pregnancy and mine hurt as well, I have them regularly And resting doesn't help. I've been trying to make sure i drink enough water though and its helped some with the frequency

i'VE BEEN HAVING THEM SINCE 17 WEEKS BUT THIS IS MY 3RD PREGNANCY AND MINE DON'T HURT AT ALL. dEFINATELY TRY AND TAKE MORE BREAKS AS THEY COULD BE A SIGN YOU ARE OVER DOING IT A LITTLE. aLSO DRINK PLENTY OF WATER. oTHER THAN THAT i WOULDN'T WORRY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->