Braxton-Hicks contractions

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Usually women don't experience many Braxton-Hicks contractions until the second trimester and they seem to increase in frequency in the third.

Can anyone describe Braxton-Hicks contractions? :blush: And when in 2nd tri do they start! :wacko:

I didn't get them at all with Kayleigh, and only had a few with Charlie and they were in the 3rd tri, not the 2nd.

They just feel like a tightening of the tummy, and a little period-type pain. Not really painful actually, just uncomfortable.

Scarey ....

Felt like shit yesterday and was sitting here with a pulping/bubbling feeling but down there :blush: so for some reason looked which is never good! She must just be kicking me low and way I'm sitting lil moo!

Do u know my MW told me at my 32 week appointment I was too early to get Braxton Hicks! Yeah right, my belly doesnt feel like a man's erection for nothing!x

I was having tightening at 16 weeks. I would look down at my tummy and see what appeared to be a ball, randomly hardening below my belly button. I asked the MW what it was and she said practice contractions- when I questioned her about getting them at 16 weeks, she told me we get them throughout pregnancy but not often do people notice them until the 3rd tri. It's only because I had no fat in my stomache that I could psychically see it happening. Apparently if I was of a 'normal' weight prior to pregnancy, I wouldn't have noticed them at all, but because I was 6 and 1/2 stone, I could basically see everything that went off down there.. Thats another reason for me feeling baby move at 15/16 weeks, and having scans that were crystal clear. APPARENTLY anyway.

But to answer your question, wobs. They feel like a tightening, and your whole tummy goes hard! If youR tummy is only hard in a certain place, say on the left hand side, but its soft everywhere else, then its the baby, but if its hard everywhere then its BH!

Do u know my MW told me at my 32 week appointment I was too early to get Braxton Hicks! Yeah right, my belly doesnt feel like a man's erection for nothing!x
Thats rather amusing the way you worded that lol!!:rofl:

I didn't get any at all and was a bit disappointed by that since I had a section. No idea what childbirth feels like at all!

When I had my first BH's I crapped myself & had to leave work!

My tummy went solid but I could still feel Boo going mad proper kicking! I dnt know if it was just me but they made me feel a little unwell, I was short of breath (prob cos I was panicing a lil) really hot & couldn't cool down! I also had bubbly type pops happening down there?

I just remember feeling frightened!

I think most here feel ucky to be parents but I'd not think I was lucky for not being able to experience child-birth and that comes even from the days of TTC. Whatever is best for my baby is priority but hey would be nice ....

Sorry, hope that didn't come across as tactless on my part.

I never got loads of pain with mine but my tummy would go really hard.. it's so hard to explain the feeling though, kind of like a big heavy ball inside your belly and a stretching feeling.

By the way, I felt id achieved something by having a vaginal delivery, I really didn't want a c section or any unnecessary drugs.. well I did have gas and air but I didn't want anything else as I was just thinking of Bethanie (I don't blame the women that have had stronger drugs though lmao cause it bloody hurts).

Yea, same here wobs, didnt mean for it to sound 'off'.

Im scared of my own shadow so Im bound to say something like that! x :) I'm sure its a wonderful experience, but until I have actually gone through it myself, (like many things), i'll continue to be extremely frightened as I dont know what the hell to expect! eeek! :(

Your not the only one hun lol I feel a bit scared sometimes when I think about it but then I see the girls saying ya know what when it happens you just want bubs out lol The end result will make up for it all ;)

ya know what when it happens you just want bubs out lol The end result will make up for it all ;)

Now that's the truth! "GET THIS THING OUTTA ME!!!" :hissy::rofl:

And then they could've been doing anything to me on that operating table once Charlotte and Thomas had arrived. I was totally transfixed by them. :baby::baby:

I didn't get any at all and was a bit disappointed by that since I had a section. No idea what childbirth feels like at all!

OH dear Helen we're the exact opposite. I'm going to ask my doc if I can opt for a C-Section b/c I'm just to scared of the labour pain and experience. Has anyone else done that with their first child?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->