Braxton-Hicks contractions

OH dear Helen we're the exact opposite. I'm going to ask my doc if I can opt for a C-Section b/c I'm just to scared of the labour pain and experience. Has anyone else done that with their first child?
I was so terrified about giving birth, scared Bethanie or I were going to die (I know im dramatic but..:cry:) im a class A worrier. Just to say, think of the after pain with a c section? you can be in pain for weeks and weeks apparently? yet with a normal delivery the pain ends fairly quickly once baby is out (apart from a bit of soreness when you sit and go to the loo obviously, depending on stitches, tears etc). Are you going to be having any pain relief??

Giving birth feels like doing a big poo lol, once baby is out though you won't feel any pain trust me! you're so taken with your little baby.. I don't remember but apparently I was fixated and wouldn't let Bethanie go lmao.

It amazes me how people would rather go through a c-section, major abdominal surgery, than experience childbirth !

I had a c-section last time and it was agony, im praying for a natural birth this time. I felt 'cheated' last time that i didnt get to experience it.

The labour part itself i found quite exciting! i loved puffing away on the gas and air !! its such an amzing experience !! if it was sooooo bad woman would only ever have 1 child !

It amazes me how people would rather go through a c-section, major abdominal surgery, than experience childbirth !

I had a c-section last time and it was agony, im praying for a natural birth this time. I felt 'cheated' last time that i didnt get to experience it.

The labour part itself i found quite exciting! i loved puffing away on the gas and air !! its such an amzing experience !! if it was sooooo bad woman would only ever have 1 child !
Lol at the time I said "no more kids" but you do definitely forget the pain. All I kept in my mind was my mum gave birth to me, and so on.. so many women have been through it, it's natural.. it's ok. No doubt I was worried, scared and in pain but at the end of it, for a few hours of pain you get the most wonderful little bundle of love.. what more could you ask for??

OK OK I'll reconsider it but I'm still terrified. I suppose it's all about control with me. With a c-section you know everything that will or could happen unlike childbirth. I understand what you are saying though ladies, it would be best to deal with the pain for a few moments in a day versus weeks on end.
Sorry tot he OP for taking over the thread...back to the contractions discussion :)

Go with whats for YOU but being scared must be natural - I am but I can't wait either. We had such a journey to get here I'm sure I'll be ready to kill him near the end but then it will all go ove rmy head by the sounds of it lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->