Braxton Hicks or the real thing?

Good luck!! I'm excited for you! Can't wait to see an update! Xxx

Update...I went in and they put me on the monitor, the cramps in my tummy, pelvis and back are showing contractions yay!! I was examined and I am 2cm BUT I havent dilated any further even though I am having these contractions (which seem to have got stronger now Im certain they are contractions!!) so they have sent me home, the midwife said that it is early labour and can even take up to a week!! This disheartened me a little bit and have been told to bounce on my ball and walk to see if I cant get it moving quicker!! :flower:

Fingers crossed it all goes well and quickly for u, keep us updated! :flower:

hope it turns into active really soon :hugs:
If it's any consultation, thats what happened with DS2, exactly, and i didn't get into active labor until about 30 hours labor BUT i went from 4cm to placenta in one hr and 15 min, so even though it stinks and its taking it's good old time getting started, you could just fly through the tough parts :dust:

hope it turns into active really soon :hugs:
If it's any consultation, thats what happened with DS2, exactly, and i didn't get into active labor until about 30 hours labor BUT i went from 4cm to placenta in one hr and 15 min, so even though it stinks and its taking it's good old time getting started, you could just fly through the tough parts :dust:

Awesome, that was really fast, did you have a slow labour at the beginning as well? How long did it take to get moving? is there anything I can do to speed it up? The baby is just so low and causing some strange sensations in my pelvis :dohh:

My water broke at 7:30am Saturday morning. I never even had one contraction until 3:30pm and there wasn't any feeling to them. Just tightening sensations. Then I had slow labor like u are describing until about 1:30pm Sunday. Then I finally hit 4CM and it went so fast. Super intense ad double peaking but my boy was born around 3pm. Placenta about 7 min later.

The things I did to help speed it up was nipple stimulation w the breast pump. It really put my contractions into overdrive but as soon as I stopped using it they would get really far apart. The MWs said t was the strangest thing they have ever seen. But u can try that. It helps increase oxytocin which is the hormone that creates contractions. If u don't have a bump u can do nipple stimulation on ur own or have ur Partner do it.

Another option is Black Cohash. It's an herbal item and can help speed up contractions. STAY AWAY from Blue and Black Cohash! It is not the same as Black Cohash. I would consult ur MW before taking this but it was something my MWs suggested to me bc there r laws here that dictate how long u can have ur water gone and still HB.

U could try the hot shower. Don't get in the tub yet. If u army 4cm it can slow things down (relaxes u too much). But feel free to try the shower Gravity can help.

The bath really helped me once I got to 4cm. It was super fast and made me relax even to actually labor efficiently so u could try it but make sure u only do it for 15 min increments and then get out and walk or squate some.

You can bounce on a ball but that will help more w positioning.

I don't know the name of it but my babies get positioned funny in labor. and so my MWs told me to life up my bump. (Near ur pubic none literally take both ur hands and hold ur bump up high (like where u belly button is). Essentially the idea is like the Rabozo technique but we didn't have a scarf so just hold ur bump up over 5 contractions and see if that helps

Make sure u r peeing regularly too

Hope this helps :hugs:

For me the thing that helped get things going is Curb walking, one foot on the curb one in the gutter and walk back and forth like that, looks silly but really got things going for me :)

Good luck.

Thanks, I have loads to try...my OH has suggested sex but I think he is just taking advantage as he knows I would try anything right now :haha:

I also have this funny sensation when I wee, it is like a ''popping'' feeling but I think its just the babys head and earlier I had a pain on my bum which was weird :shrug:

This is all new to me as I was induced with my first baby, two jels, one water breaking and lots of strong contractions all at once!

Pain in the bum is a good sign, for me that's when I know we are getting close. Try to lift bump up and rock when peeing you want your bladder empty and it's hard to do

oh yeah, that was the other point was going to make (my brain is moosh atm :blush:) if your water hasn't broken yet, :sex: can really help get the uterus going! Plus the seman can soften (ripen) your cervix bc its a prostaglandin. :thumbup: As long as your water hasnt broke yet, seriously it can help! (if and when your water breaks, do not insert ANytHING into the vagina, that includes no sex of any kind.)

and i totally agree. bum pain is a good sign...you might be closer than you think :D

Feeling a bit saddened today, I went to bed last night and DTD with OH and he done some nipple stimulation which made the contractions stronger and I thought woop woop we are getting somewhere!! By the time I woke up (after an uninterrupted sleep!!) I felt nothing at all, not one cramp or pain and I havent felt anything all morning :( My boobs are just pretty sore from the rubbing and I feel like crap in general!! I even think my baby has changed position from head down to breech as I can feel it all up high and nothing down low...Im hoping the sex hasnt turned it :/ so sad that everything has stopped...sigh!!

Hi ya hon :wave: just wondering how uve gotten along in the last few days.

Hi...things have definately slowed to nearly a complete halt, I can feel the baby quite low down and the pressure has made it hard to walk, I am still getting some pretty sore cramps but think they are more like braxton hicks. I guess the baby will come when it wants to :(

how are you getting on? :flower:

i feel your pain hun!!Ive not been checked or anything so as far as i know im not dilating or anything, but i had two days of mild contractions 5 mins apart, which then totally stopped. had a day feeling great. then a night of constant lower back ache, which last night progressed to pains every 7 minutes. i fell asleep, woke up in the middle of the night with diarrhea - thought this is it. then nothing, except vomitted my breakfast back up :-/ thinking its pre-labour but its driving me mad. i do have a section booked on tuesday though! hope something starts for you asap x

:hugs: sorry baby hasn't arrived yet :hugs:
I know you are probably so ready to meet your LO, but i guess on the bright side at least you arn't dealing with pains like you were before.
i hope the next time it happens your baby makes makes his/her debut <3

The cramps have started up again and Im feeling real sore pressure on my bum, it also feels like the babys head is rubbing against my tailbone and my lady parts feel ''fuzzy'' I am so ready to give birth and be done!!

Oh I didnt even read that you will be due to give birth on Tuesday...wow, Im sure you are so excited! Is there any reason they have to schedule you early? I cant believe you will be meeting your baby in 4 days!! :dance: All the best :flower:

Mummy, is baby face up? That could explain all the on/off labor and the pressure.

I hope your LO is on the way!!! :dust::dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->