Braxton Hicks painful?

Natsku

Reaction score
Anyone getting Braxton Hicks/false labour contractions that are actually pretty painful? It's really getting me down now, and terrified baby is going to come early because each time I think maybe it's for real now.

I wouldn't say painful but uncomfortable enough to stop me mid walk and wait until its passed x from previous experience if its braxton hicks if I go for a nap they stop but real labour carried on x try not to worry yourself, I had loads with my daughter and even went into hospital at 32 weeks with regular painful ones, was given steroids and told it could happen any time, little git was late in the end!!

Yeah the midwife said to me that baby might be coming early and to go lie down in bed to see if they go away or not. I'm really scared of having the baby early because I'm definitely not ready so hope this one is just trolling me like your daughter did! The pains are pretty bad though, paracetamol doesn't touch it, just end up curled up groaning like really bad period pains.

I am over 39 weeks and feel like my periods coming alot. It's been happening for for weeks but it's only the last week it's felt like my bodies going to go into labour but it never does. I'm guessing I'm having them too. They are not painful but mild crampy pains xx

Ive been getting them in my back for a few weeks now and those do hurt. I had them a lot last night and thankfully nothing this morning but it was pretty bad and had me very concerned that I was in very early labor.

Yes they can be quite sore! I have to often stop and breathe through them. Like the other girls said just have a lie/sit down and also make sure you are drinking loads of water, dehydration will make them worse. As long as they are not regular and do go away then don't worry too much xx

‘‘Tis is my fifth pregnancy and braxton hicks have definitely been painful and I’ve had 3 occasions where they have been regular and painful for a good few hours then just disappeared. It totally messes with my head!

I've been getting them for the past month or so quite painfully. A couple of times, I questioned early labour but they went away with rest.

It's relieving to know it happens to lots of others but sorry you're all getting the pain too.

yes,braxton hick is very painful,But braxton hick is an integral part of the pregnancy.It often comes start from 16 weeks.

Have noticed that if I take it really really easy, I don't get them. So now I have the perfect excuse to not do any house work and just sit down all day :haha:

I've been getting pretty intense BH too lately... they are particularly bad if I havent been drinking enough water so it could be you need to hydrate.

Been drinking ice water constantly the last few days and I haven't been having them so I reckon that plays a part.

I'm glad the ice water has helped you and you've not been having as many of them :)
I can't believe how far along you are now!

Anyone getting Braxton Hicks/false labour contractions that are actually pretty painful? It's really getting me down now, and terrified baby is going to come early because each time I think maybe it's for real now.

Glad you started this thread. I had the same thing last night and seriously thought that things were starting.
After a couple of hours, they did die away though. Did make me think that I should get my backside in gear though and get myself better organised! :haha:

I'm glad the ice water has helped you and you've not been having as many of them :)
I can't believe how far along you are now!

I know! Can't believe it myself, soon baby will be here and I'll stop sleeping for another few years!

Glad you started this thread. I had the same thing last night and seriously thought that things were starting.
After a couple of hours, they did die away though. Did make me think that I should get my backside in gear though and get myself better organised! :haha:

Yeah I ended up packing my hospital bag in a rush after a few hours of bad pains and have been making sure the baby clothes and bedding are all washed and ready.

Same here. I hadn't planned on packing a hospital bag until after the holidays and new year but with the painful BH I packed it this past weekend. I had 2 days in a row of them and nothing since then thank goodness! Still going to talk to my doctor about it today at my appt.

Same here ladies! Have got the baby clothes out and going to start washing when I get a chance, hospital bag next on list! Things like Xmas getting in the way 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->