• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Braxton hicks preterm labour

Gemmaleanne23

Reaction score
I'm 21 weeks Thursday with my girls and last night had braxton hicks 3 minutes apart for almost 2 hours. Rang epu as labour ward wouldn't talk to me cuz not 22 weeks yet and their advice was "take paracetamol don't ring back unless ur bleeding heavily." I know that this early on there isn't much they could do anyway so although I was shocked at their advice I drank plenty of water, had a bath and went to bed they finally subsided to one every 10 mins and I fell asleep.

Thismorning I'm stil getting frequent braxton hicks some stronger than others, I haven't timed them at the moment but I'd say probably every 15-20 mins or so but not as consistent as last night.

I have a consultant appointment m the morning so will mention it to him then but has anyone experienced anything similar and it not be any cause for concern? Iv not felt the babies move as much thismorning either

Is this your first pregnancy? I'm on my second and not feeling them as frequently as I did before but with my first I was in my Dr's office at least twice a week for this issue. I was quite small before so they summed it up to my body accommodating the baby but they always wanted me to come in just to be sure. My cervix was never affected by all of my Braxton hicks and I made it to 38 weeks. I started having strong BH at 16 weeks. So strong my stomach would bunch up on one side and look so wild. From 20 weeks on I would get them 4+ times an hour pretty much regularly every day. It didn't matter if I was laying down, walking, drinking water, needing to use the bathroom, etc. If my doctors office wasn't open (New Years eve) I had to go to labor and delivery for monitoring just to be safe. I was scared my entire pregnancy and always thought I would go into preterm labor but I didn't! Actually when my water broke at 38 weeks I didn't start contracting until about 12 hours later and had a 25+ long labor! Lol. I'm hoping that this is the case for you seeing that you are having twins and that it's not a sign for concern! I just wanted to share my experience to give you piece of mind but I always recommend getting checked when it's over the limit its supposed to be.

Hey thanks for the reply. This is my 4th pregnancy, 3rd that's gotten this far so not my first. I had similar bouts with my youngest at around 32 weeks and was told I had an irritable uterus after being given fluids by iv to lessen the contractions but I'm really well hydrated this time so I'm at a loss. They seem to of got more spaced apart over the day but still feeling a lot less movement than normal, but epu won't see me and too early on for labour ward so iv got no choice really but to wait until tomorrow :( my midwife isn't in on a Tuesday and I was only given her number epu and labour ward so I guess that's me out of options even just for advice, makes me sick that in a weeks time they'd see me in labour ward for a once over but right now no one wants to know

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->