Braxton hicks??? :-(

MumToEva

Reaction score
So I was at work today as normal and I started feeling a bit faint and dizzy while I was with a patient first thing. My iron levels came back as low from my last blood test - I'm waiting on iron tablets which are on order with the pharmacist, so I put it down to that, and did work around the office for the next couple of hours rather than seeing patients. Then i started getting period type cramps feelings low down on and off, so I rang the assessment unit and they said to go home and rest and get back to them if it gets any worse. The cramps have settled, but i am getting a bit of tightening of my bump in general - not enough to be painful, but noticable all the same. No real pattern to it though. I'm only 32 weeks, so obviously it's worrying! My daughter was born a little early (37 weeks) but not this early!

Anyone else any experience of Brixton hicks - is this how they feel? I never had any with my daughter.

My Braxton Hicks feel like a tight cramp in the early stages. I started getting them noticeably at around 22 weeks with this baby. Truth is, we all start getting these contractions at around 6 weeks along. It's normal to start noticing them at any point from there, really. Often, these contractions will stop if we just change positions. If you're sitting, go for a walk. If you're walking, go for a sit. If those don't work, try laying on your left side. If they continue, get seen! Must be really scary for you since you never experienced them before, but they are normal. When do you go to the dr/MW next? Hopefully you can get your cervix checked to make sure there's no dilation or anything within the next week or two.

My Braxton Hicks feel like a tight cramp in the early stages. I started getting them noticeably at around 22 weeks with this baby. Truth is, we all start getting these contractions at around 6 weeks along. It's normal to start noticing them at any point from there, really. Often, these contractions will stop if we just change positions. If you're sitting, go for a walk. If you're walking, go for a sit. If those don't work, try laying on your left side. If they continue, get seen! Must be really scary for you since you never experienced them before, but they are normal. When do you go to the dr/MW next? Hopefully you can get your cervix checked to make sure there's no dilation or anything within the next week or two.

Thanks for replying! :) I have another midwife app in a week and a half, but it's the community midwife rather than the hospital. Hospital one isn't till 36 weeks. If it doesn't settle down I will go get checked at the assessment unit at the hospital. It's probably normal, but I'm just feeling quite uneasy about it. Better safe than sorry I reckon!

MumToEva, I have been getting period cramps the last 3/4 days. I am just guessing this is normal maybe as baby is growing and kicking everywhere. I am 30.5 weeks.

Hope everything goes well with you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->