Bread :/

pixxi

Mama of two boycubs
Reaction score
So pre-pregnancy I was eating an almost-Paleo diet, with only extremely occasional bread products (like once/twice a month), as it used to make me really bloated. Since the onset of morning sickness though, I've been consuming bread almost exclusively - toast/crumpets in the morning, croissant snack, sandwich for lunch, pizza/burger for dinner - as it's really the only thing that will go down well and keep my stomach full for longer.

Unfortunately, it's not going down so well at the other end :wacko: It's sent my bowels into a bit of an IBS-like frenzy (to be expected I guess as I've avoided it for so long) and from that point of view is actually making me feel worse.

Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas for non-bread substitutes that are still palatable? Any bowel remedies that are safe in pregnancy? I can't wait for this ickiness to go so I can get back to healthy eating!

Oh no :-( I always find white bread products to be terrible for ibs but if I stick to wholemeal it's not so bad. I wish I had the energy to make my own these days.

Yes definitely, white is awful! But I can't face wholemeal at the moment :( It's very annoying. Maybe homemade white will be less bad than bought..

Maybe hun at least you know exactly what's in it x

I have the same issue and found out I was gluten intollerant. Try to cut gluten out and see if that makes you feel better.

I'm loving bread but my ibs but so much! Not found a solution but see the s*iting bricks thread for some tips if it's IBS-C (no idea for ibs-d I'm afraid!)

Ah thanks, I'll take a look. It's going from one end of the spectrum to the other at the moment so any tips would be appreciated!

Baked potatoes tend to satisfy me when I have cravings for starchy carbs. If I'm feeling really off, I just have them with a bit of butter and salt and pepper, but otherwise I'll add sour cream, bacon, cheese etc. whatever seems tasty at the moment!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->