break down of weight gain .....

o0Squeaks0o

Mum of a DD and expecting
Reaction score
I thought id post this info i came across in one of my pregnancy books. its a book called 'from here through maternity' given to me by the alberta health services in Canada. how accurate it is i can't say, but it gives a good break down of weight gain in pregnancy. and seeing as it can be a hard thing watching the scales rise, it may help adjust our minds its not totally unhealthy weight that we've gained.

Where the weight goes:

YOUR BLOOD: 1.8kg (4lbs)
YOUR PROTEIN & FAT STORAGE: 2.3 to 3.6 (5 to 8lbs)
YOUR BODY FLUIDS: 0.9 to 1.4kg (2 to 3lbs)
BREASTS: 0.9 to 1.4kg (2 to 3lbs)
BABY: 2.7 to 3.6kg+ (6 to 8lbs+)
PLACENTA: 0.9 to 1.4kg (2 to 3lbs)
UTERUS: 0.9 to 1.4kg (2 to 3lbs)
AMNIOTIC FLUID: 0.9 to 1.4kg (2 to 3lbs)

Average total weight gain: 11.5 to 16kg (25 to 35lbs)

obviously this is an average, yours may weigh different, just like the lady on tv who's PLACENTA weighed 5lbs. im sure i read too some of your organs increase in size during pregnancy to help so im sure that would weigh extra. basically im posting this so some of you ladies can give yourself a break. growing a baby is hard work !! :hugs:

This is great information. My sister in law said she didn't see why you needed to gain more than however much the baby weighs... I was like, um how bout amniotic fluid and blood to name a few things that might be important. lol Silly girl.

Anyways, great post!

your welcome. i think its hard for some of us to adjust to our ever changing bodies its a bit easier on us to see it broken down. x

I love this post!
I've put on 46lbs and I am eating right, exercising (nothing too strenuous), and making healthy decisions, but every appointment I'm shocked at the scale.
I've decided everyone's body does prepare differently and give myself a break.

Thanks for this, makes me feel a little less fat..lol!

Thank you so much for this. At this point I'm just feeling massive so really helps put stuff in perspective x

Thank you for sharing this info!!

That's cheered me up immensely - although I think all 8lb of protein and fat storage has gone to my bum ;)a

omg no wonder im exhausted just walking 5 mins to the shop, just growing bigger boobs makes ur back hurt but all the rest of that... really puts it into perspective :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->