break the bank prams- showboating or necessity?

I had the whole sha-bang and then when LO was 5 months old we sold it on eBay and used the proceeds to purchase one that retails at £150...its lightweight, practical and looks lush IMO...

...But to buy something for showy reasons alone isn't my cuppa tea! Altho i might put a sign above LO's new pram stating the price tag :smug:

I have the bugaboo chameleon, not worth it IMO! The only good thing was it's a TS. But there's lots of other TS's out there that do a better job

I personally don't see the point of spending a fortune on a pram and i do think SOME mums can be a bit competitive about what they've got.However, if people have the money and want to buy expensive things then that is down to them-i wouldn't begrduge them, i'd just rather spend the money on other things for LO

we got the icandy cherry and looking back I wish I got it preloved BUT it is a fantastic pram and definately worth the money! x

i have a stokke it cost us over a thousand as we got everythinmg inculding the new winter kit with the sheepskin gloves on handle

to me its worth it i love it an so does my oh we wont need another pram as were happy with what we have and call me a snob but i woulnt push a pram that everyone has just the same as i like different clothes not every one has x

ive got the quinny buzz 3 altogether with the dreami carry cot and car seat it cost £650, but i love it worth every penny its comfortable for harry and will last ages cause when he outgrows the dreami carrycot i can swap to the pushchair seat. x

Mine was about $500 Canadian and I LOVE it, I bought it like new off kijiji for $200 and I had the same one for my oldest son (obviously the older model) it has one hand folding and the tires are big enough to go over rougher terrain and the basket is huge.....thats all I need :)

Mine was £248 without carseat/carrycot etc, i honestly couldn't justify spending nearly a grand on a pram. My first travel system was the same, i'm selling it because it's big and bulky so never use it anymore.

as i have already said i have a bugaboo chameleon which i adore and think its worth every penny and we decided that we would buy the best we could with the money we had, but equally if i had found a pram that did everything the chameleon does i would have bought that, for me its not about the cost of something and whether its a 'designer' brand or not

I have a couple of friends who dont work and therefore couldnt afford such an expensive pram and i had a lot of negativity for buying my pram, how im doing it to be a snob and what a waste of money it is, but i know if she had of had the money she would have bought the same pram as she looked at it during my pregnancy

I think in SOME cases i stress im not talking about everybody there is an element of jealousy when it comes to prams, actually everything lol x x

TBH All these baby product companies must be laughing all the way to the bank! They know that all moms will naturally want whats best for their children and boy do they milk that! I respect people's individual choices to buy what they like but I find it so hilarious just how many things LOs "need" these days lol! As if a baby in a £700 pram is happier than a baby in £50 one. Cunning manufacturers they are!

I couldn't agree more. There is no reason to buy the most expensive, as long as ur baby is comfortable and safe that's all that matters....
However saying that I do have the icandy peach but I saved for it and paid for it myself, if I couldn't of afforded it I wouldn't of brought it.... I had a silver cross with my 1st and it was alot cheaper and was perfect for her, only fault was it was bulky. So no, it doesn't matter if u dont buy an over the top expensive one, decide what u need in a pram and look at ur options
There's no shame in second hand stuff either, ebay is great for prams!! xxx

Id imagine its certainly not a necessity to spend £700 on a ts!! More reasonable priced ts are just as useful longterm.
Just personal taste for some and a bit of competition for others!

I got the babystyle oyster for Luke and so far I love it. I paid nearly £500 for the pram, carrycot, maxi-cosi cabriofix car seat, adaptors and two colour packs (one for the carrycot and one for the pushchair) To be honest I could of done without the carrycot colour pack because I still haven't changed it from the black one!

But all in all I really like the pram but I would of got it if it was cheaper, price doesn't always mean quality.

In the US, our travel systems are much less expensive. I bought one for maybe 200USD (including the car seat), which is around 100 pounds. I think if you want a high end one, maybe look for a nice used one. There is no shame about buying used baby things here.

I have a quinny buzz. The way I see it, it's something I'm going to be lugging out with me for quite awhile, so I don't mind spending lots of £s on it to get something I like and will enjoy pushing, and not just getting something cheap because it's cheap and then end up hating taking it anywhere. I happened to fall in love with the buzz, but if I'd liked something cheaper, then I would have got it.

My dream pram is a silvercross surf...hubby drew the line and I wasn't allowed it! lol

This reminds me of a time I was in tesco, and my sister was pushing the pram...someone come up to her and said "Oh, is that a quinny??" and fawned all over it (not the baby inside!!). Weeeird, lol.

I had the whole sha-bang and then when LO was 5 months old we sold it on eBay and used the proceeds to purchase one that retails at £150...its lightweight, practical and looks lush IMO...

...But to buy something for showy reasons alone isn't my cuppa tea! Altho i might put a sign above LO's new pram stating the price tag :smug:

I'm the opposite, I did have a pram that cost £90, but I hated it when my baby came (and we had problems with it), so I sold it for something way more expensive, lol!

I just can't justify spending hundreds and hundreds on a pram! Ours cost £140 and it's perfect. Easy to use, comfortable for LO and practical. I wouldn't buy something JUST because it looked nice & because it was the 'in' thing.

I have the Stokke and I love it, do you know why I bought it? Because it looks good and I wanted something that I would be proud to push. I didn't want a cheap pram and I can afford it so I thought why not. I get really irritated when people criticise others that choose to spend allot of money on an item. I would never criticise someone who could only spend £50 on a second hand pram so why is it ok to criticise the other end of the spectrum? Its just rude IMHO.

I like nice, designer things. I can afford them and I have absolutely no debt or credit cards. Why shouldn't my son and I have nice things?

We have the mamas and papas ultima 8 in 1, cost a lot of money but included car seat and base, he's already into the pushchair bit and I can see me selling it by the time easter comes. Worth the money as it is really lovely to push, but an awful lot of money for a very short time he's been in it xxx

I had an iCandy Cherry with DS and loved it but it was too bulky for the buses so I traded it in for something smaller. PF was very important to me as I love nattering away when going around the shops, he's also much better behaved as he has the interaction. My only choices for PFing small compact pushchair were bugaboo bee or quinny zapp xtra so we had a play with both. The quinny was lovely (£200) as was the bee (£460) we ended up with the bee but only because the zapp xtra didn't sit up all the way when PFing, we also bought a normal zapp for £50 at the same time as a spare. Actually turned out DS refused to get in the bee (he saw it as DD's pram not his) so thats been sold and we solely use the cheap second hand one which he loves but I hate (DD is carried, they are a whole other expensive story)

we bought a travel system for £100, which i only consider money well spent because of the car seat. i've used the pram about a dozen times since bella was born, as i decided early on that i preferred to wear her. i might use it as a pushchair when she gets older, but i'll more likely get something lightweight.

i can understand why people would want a high range pram / pushchair. even though i babywear, i do get pram envy. i might have used it more if i had a nicer pram, who knows?

xx

I have the Stokke and I love it, do you know why I bought it? Because it looks good and I wanted something that I would be proud to push. I didn't want a cheap pram and I can afford it so I thought why not. I get really irritated when people criticise others that choose to spend allot of money on an item. I would never criticise someone who could only spend £50 on a second hand pram so why is it ok to criticise the other end of the spectrum? Its just rude IMHO.

I like nice, designer things. I can afford them and I have absolutely no debt or credit cards. Why shouldn't my son and I have nice things?

:thumbup: I like your honesty and completely agree, why shouldn't people have nice looking things for their LO and themselves?
People would think I'm a fool for spending £80 on a carrier for DD but I think it's beautiful and practical, same as cloth nappies I've been known to spend over £25 on a single nappy. If I couldn't afford it I wouldn't do it :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->