Breakfast Clubs / After school clubs?

littlechicken

Reaction score
Does anyone take their children to these? LO is a bit too young for it yet but my stepbrother is 7 and we thought it may be a gd idea for him to do something extra...

Has anyone had any experiences?

:)

My youngest goes to breakfast/after school club while I am at work. It is run by the nursery which is on school premises. It costs me £200 a month which gives me availability from 7:30am to 9am then 3:20pm until 6pm Monday to Friday. I get some of this cost paid for with tax credits.
My DD loves it. There is a big age gap between her and my other children so she has pretty much been an only child and there are no children her age near home. She gets to play with her friends, go on the school computers, do activities and they feed her (although it is just supposed to be a snack she doesn't want dinner most times when she gets home).
I have loved having the security of childcare with no hassle!
They also have a holiday club which is £27 a day (8am to 6pm) and they go out to different places and do all sorts of things I probably wouldn't do with her tbh. Some of this cost can also be covered by tax credits although the amount will be spread over the year so you would have to budget to pay more in the holidays while getting the same amount.
I would recommend it totally especially for kids who are on their own a lot and if you are working. Obviously each club is different so maybe get an idea of what activities they offer.

I just realised my perspective of a breakfast club is more for working people.
At her previous school my DD had the opportunity to go to breakfast club now and then (it cost 20p!) and she loved that too. They provided breakfast and she loved getting together with friends before school started.

my 7 yr old goes to breakfast club she loves it theres usually a terms waiting list (so very popular) but the school put her in for me as i have my kids are at 3 different schools it was the only way i could everyone in on time
i think its quite a long day for her n shes still getting used to it 8-3.15 but they provide cereals toast juice milk ect whatever the kids want n we pay a donation weekly after breakfast they have games ect in the hall before school they also have judo on thurs morning so it gives them activities n she plays with kids she might not of done normally i think its great for getting them involved

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->