breast feeders

Layla

Reaction score
Sorry i have another question for you.

How long do i need to breast feed before i can start to express? I have heard you need to establish feeding before expressing so is tehre a certian time or does it depend on the person?

Im just wondering about xmas and new year being as its not far after im due, i doubt i will be able to have a drink will i?

Thanks

x

You can have a drink, I think I read that you can have 1 a hour, so I'd pace it with 1 soft in between and not get hammered.
I expressed and bottle fed when I had mastitis, Ella was 2 weeks old roughly. It's not recommended til 6 weeks til your supply is established, my supply wasn't established didn't until she was around 10 weeks because I expressed and because I topped her up a couple of times with formula.

I think it varies from person to person and they say wait til 6 wks as a guideline as supply and the baby's feeding should be established by then. I expressed before 6 wks as it was that or give up at one point for me.

I'm going to have a few drinks, like Kina says space them out, make sure you're eating well and keeping hydrated. I don't have the links to hand but I have read in the past that moderate drinking has very minimal transfer through breastmilk which has not been found to be harmful to babies.
Obviously if you get trollied that's a different thing altogether!

thanks girls :)

I dont want to get trollied, to old for that now lol but i would like to have a couple of drinks just to chill out and relax, its nice to know i can :)#

x

I'm older than you and I'm not too old to get trollied!

My MW (a le leche league member) TOLD me to have a drink a night to help me relax with the feeding (Olivia used to cluster feed for a few hours in the evening).

Hope our babies are here for Christmas!

our trollied might be diffrent lol

Mine is going out to pubs/clubs and getting parletic so i cant see or walk home lol way to old for that now, used to do that when i wsa a tennager lol

Now i like to have a few drinks but keep in control of what im doing, so i guess i get to what i call the merry stage and stop drinking.

Hope they are here ready for xmas, have you had any twinges or anything yet?

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->