Breast feeding.

S

Serene123

I think I'm changing my mind. I didn't want to atall but I said I would because I want my little girl to have the best start she can. Now, my mum informs me I was breast fed and my sister wasn't. Other than the odd cold my sister gets that I manage to avoid, we're really not any different. Reading about breast feeding, even the good things, just doesn't feel right to me. I feel like I'd be alot more comfortable with bottle feeding, and it'd be alot easier for me. I just realised how selfish this sounds...

...:dohh:

:hugs: I think in the end you have to do what is best for you. I know that some people will not agree with me, but I have never felt like breastfeeding was the right choice for me. We have always planned on bottle feeding. It bothers me that there is now such a stigma attached to bottle feeding and I hate answering people's questions when they ask me if I am breastfeeding because I know that they will than question me as to why I'm not doing it.

the World Health Organization recomends all babies are breast fed for at least 6 months. that's all I need.

BREAST IS BEST! It's what nature wanted.

I'm desperate to be able to. I'll be so upset if I cant.

plus..it's free!:rofl:

the World Health Organization recomends all babies are breast fed for at least 6 months. that's all I need.

BREAST IS BEST! It's what nature wanted.

I'm desperate to be able to. I'll be so upset if I cant.

plus..it's free!:rofl:

i used to find the idea a little strange but teh more pregnant I get the more natural it seems to me. I cant wait. I've already bought my hooter hider!

Its a personal choice hon. If you don't want to breast feed then don't. Drake was mostly formula fed and he's doing great and I just switched Isis over to formula too and she's doing fine. Drake has gotten sick a handful of times in his life, no joke.

I did pump for the first 3 weeks or so with him and 2 weeks and some with Isis. Have you considered doing that? especially for the colostrum as thats what really gives them the boost in the beginning. Just a suggestion, either way if you do or don't, your little princess will be fine :hugs:

ive choice not to breast feed, i understand people want to, its just not rite for me and i dont feel guilty cos im a 1 of 5 and none of us was breast fed and neither was my son and where all fine :)

I tried, but even with the help of 3 midwives I went to see, Ryan just wasn't interested. No-one could explain why he wasn't able to do it, but that's how it was. I express-fed him for a couple of weeks, but it was hard as when I was expressing, he'd want changing/playing with/attention/etc, so was A LOT harder than breastfeeding (as then he'd be occupied whilst I was doing it iyswim?). I'm still glad that I tried breastfeeding though. I think if you're unsure about doing it, then you should at least try it out - see how you feel about it then. If you're 100% against it though, then don't try - there's nothing wrong with bottlefeeding, no matter what anyone tries to tell you. x

Im thinkin about it myself...
i dont know where i stand with it, if i do breast feed it will be expressing i think.
god knows though... just see what happens

:hugs: I think in the end you have to do what is best for you. I know that some people will not agree with me, but I have never felt like breastfeeding was the right choice for me. We have always planned on bottle feeding. It bothers me that there is now such a stigma attached to bottle feeding and I hate answering people's questions when they ask me if I am breastfeeding because I know that they will than question me as to why I'm not doing it.

I agree with you on this one. I actually didn't wanna post that I stopped breastfeeding/pumping for Isis because of what people think. I know I shouldn't care but just didn't want to have to argue why I stopped.

We know breast is best, can't count how many times I've read that, but everyone is different and we have a choice. Kinda like being told natural birth is best, we know it is but again, we have a choice.

It's entirely up to you as a mother to decide how to raise your child. I've breastfed all mine and there were benefits, but there are downsides in ways too. I felt like I was sitting around being a milking cow until my babies finally took to the bottle. Another thing was, my hubby didn't get a chance to feed the babies. And, I am so modest about breastfeeding in public, even though it's so natural, that I probably stayed home more because of it.

This time around, I will only be breastfeeding for a month or two but switching to the bottle right after.

If you want to bottlefeed, do it. If you want to breastfeed, do it.

Either way, you are the mom and probably will be a great mom irregardless.

:hugs::hugs:

BTW, my boobs would have been in great shape had I not breastfed. :rofl:

Reasons for breast feeding:
People nagging.
Because people tell me to.
It's free.

Reasons for not breast feeding:
Personally, I'm not comfortable with it.
Other people can feed her/ bond with her.
I wouldn't be able to do it in public. I just wouldn't.
I'd feel really uncomfortable around anyone.

That's just me, and how uncomfortable I am about my body right now. I feel selfish for most of those reasons I put there, but that's just how I am. I can't help how I feel about it.

Reasons for breast feeding:
People nagging.
Because people tell me to.
It's free.

Reasons for not breast feeding:
Personally, I'm not comfortable with it.
Other people can feed her/ bond with her.
I wouldn't be able to do it in public. I just wouldn't.
I'd feel really uncomfortable around anyone.

That's just me, and how uncomfortable I am about my body right now. I feel selfish for most of those reasons I put there, but that's just how I am. I can't help how I feel about it.

One other plus side to breastfeeding is that you lose weight quicker and your body goes back to normal faster.

I guess that is a pretty good reason. I still don't think I can do it. I will try. I'm pretty sure my hospital will make me try but I'm not going to continue it if it's going to upset me.

I guess that is a pretty good reason. I still don't think I can do it. I will try. I'm pretty sure my hospital will make me try but I'm not going to continue it if it's going to upset me.

Toria, I wasn't going to breastfeed this time around until my MIL reminded me of the weight loss, etc. Then I decided to do it for a few months but will not do it as long as I did with my others. I also remembered the fact that at the beginning it's so much easier to feed a baby in the nighttime instead of having to get up and go warm up milk bottles.

As I said though, you are a mother irregardless of how you feed your baby. The main thing is that baby is fed. :)

Hmm, anyone know anything about part breast feeding part formula?

Hmm, anyone know anything about part breast feeding part formula?

This I would like to know too!

I had such a hell of a time weaning my babies off the bottle. It took my son way longer too! Didn't help cause I was busy with businesses, and two very young ones.

As for expressing, I wasn't good at it, especially with my first.

The only thing that concerns me is the nipple confusion.

I think I'm changing my mind. I didn't want to atall but I said I would because I want my little girl to have the best start she can. Now, my mum informs me I was breast fed and my sister wasn't. Other than the odd cold my sister gets that I manage to avoid, we're really not any different. Reading about breast feeding, even the good things, just doesn't feel right to me. I feel like I'd be alot more comfortable with bottle feeding, and it'd be alot easier for me. I just realised how selfish this sounds...

i definitly wont be breast feeding as i just dont feel comfatible with the idea and dont think i ever will. people do try to make you feel guilty but i just let it go over my head, yes 'breast is best' but as my midwife reminded me thats only if your looking after yourself and eating properly and as i suffer from really bad anemia, thats not me

im not breast feeding, like you say it doesnt feel right for me.
and really we shouldnt feel guilty coz we are bottle feeding.
i wouldnt feel comfortable breast feeding.
im sure our babies that are bottle fed will be as healthy as a breastfed baby and as long as they are loved and cared for im sure bottle feeding is fine.
there isnt any point in breast feeding if you dont feel comfortable.

x x proud to be a bottle feeding mummy x x x

i plan to try to breast feed even if its only for a few weeks... i dont like the idea of it but the benefits are good.

I would prefer to be able to combine bottle and breast but i don't know how that would work

I also hope that breast feeding will help me lose the baby weight quicker!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->