breast is no longer best...new research

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think this thread is kind of silly and a bad idea.

I dismiss that 'research' btw and I think the telegraph are horrible for doing an artical saying 'breast is no longer best'.. disgusting.

I seem to be mistaken...sorry it doesnt seem to be blocked...however my discussion about it has been stopped!
I am quite annoyed by this as I thought the point of a forum was to discuss pressing issues and look at different opinions on things.
if people are offended why? I am not forcing them to read or have my views...and afterall they do not have to read them or use the site

:wacko:

i found this a little confusing... :confused:
from what i read you're cross because people aren't commenting on and discussing your thread?? :confused:

well my opinion on the BF/FF subject is that what is good for one mummy is not necessarily good for another. Both feed the baby, both result in them growing and developing so there's no need to make a generalisation on whether one is better than another

I dismiss that 'research' btw and I think the telegraph are horrible for doing an artical saying 'breast is no longer best'.. disgusting.

This isnt a very constructive reply... the telegraph (to me) is a highly respected paper and i will always read their articles with an open mind.

Good for you?

I don't find your reply to me very constructive either so...

I think that's a bit harsh on the OP, she was only pointing people in the direction of news about some research - how/why is that silly and a bad idea?

I wasn't interested in the article as I have read things like this before, and I have made up my own mind - but that doesnt mean that people cant discuss the findings!

It's the australian telegraph so I see.

I thought it was wrong that a UK newspaper other than dailymail or the sun (lol) were being 'anti' BF when the UK is working so hard to promote breastfeeding and trying to educate people who don't know much about it and chose to FF because thats all they know from family members and friends.

I think that's a bit harsh on the OP, she was only pointing people in the direction of news about some research - how/why is that silly and a bad idea?

I wasn't interested in the article as I have read things like this before, and I have made up my own mind - but that doesnt mean that people cant discuss the findings!

FF/BF debates almost always end in tears. Some people are too opinionated and others too sensitive and they don't mix well.

It's the australian telegraph so I see.

I thought it was wrong that a UK newspaper other than dailymail or the sun (lol) were being 'anti' BF when the UK is working so hard to promote breastfeeding and trying to educate people who don't know much about it and chose to FF because thats all they know from family members and friends.

erm...the same story was featured in the UK paper and site too.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/...r-for-baby-than-formula-scientist-claims.html

I seem to be mistaken...sorry it doesnt seem to be blocked...however my discussion about it has been stopped!
I am quite annoyed by this as I thought the point of a forum was to discuss pressing issues and look at different opinions on things.
if people are offended why? I am not forcing them to read or have my views...and afterall they do not have to read them or use the site

:wacko:

i found this a little confusing... :confused:
from what i read you're cross because people aren't commenting on and discussing your thread?? :confused:

I have to agree. It does seem to be that OP is trying to start an argument.

It will end in tears! xx

the only milk that is BEST for human babies is human milk. formula has its plus's and obviously does the job BUT formula is a subsitute. breast milk is a living substance,very unique and special. this 'study' if you could call it that is badly written only there to create sensation. i dont see anyone backing it up in the science world.

Then my original post still applies :shrug:

The controversial theory was immediately dismissed by British experts who said the claims were 'irresponsible' and 'overblown'.

Is there actually any proof to what he's saying?

Why do this threads have to turn into an argument seriously

As long as our babies are fed thats all that matters

I was a FF but I'm the first to admit that breast is best, i tryed and I failed. At the end of the day aidan is healthy, developing at a good rate and happy thats all that matters to me.

please read the contraversial reply amnesty thread before you post something argumentative

:hugs:

Lets see if we can actually not get a ff/breatfeeding thread locked!!
xx

I don't know why the telegraph is even giving the 'study' publicity (not the right word but i'm tired and my brain isn't; working properly.. i'm sure you know what I mean) :wacko:

I was a FF but I'm the first to admit that breast is best, i tryed and I failed. At the end of the day aidan is healthy, developing at a good rate and happy thats all that matters to me.

please read the contraversial reply amnesty thread before you post something argumentative

xx

Lol, i think some people just find it hard not to reply in a fashion where they offend people. We just have to try and ignore those people and they will soon be dealt with as the mods have stated in the amnesty thread :)

I for one enjoy a healthy debate but obviously try not offend anyone. I personally think that breast milk is better and i FF my daughter. But i do think that formula milk is becoming more advanced in replicating breast milk and obviously there is the convenience thing with formula (no one jump down my throat on that comment lol) x

I don't know why the telegraph is even giving the 'study' publicity (not the right word but i'm tired and my brain isn't; working properly.. i'm sure you know what I mean) :wacko:

Why not give it publicity? Some people will be interested to read it :)

I dont understand the need to argue about this topic. I feed my baby one way you feed yours another what is the issue?

I agree that breast probably is best as its natural but I'd rather see a baby FF then breastfed by a mother who drinks, smokes and eats crap.

I find that its not FF mothers who have any issue its usually BF as there the ones who feel there doing what is "best" and FF simple arnt through being uneducated or lazy. (not all BF mothers of course)

xx

Lol, i think some people just find it hard not to reply in a fashion where they offend people. We just have to try and ignore those people and they will soon be dealt with as the mods have stated in the amnesty thread :)

I for one enjoy a healthy debate but obviously try not offend anyone. I personally think that breast milk is better and i FF my daughter. But i do think that formula milk is becoming more advanced in replicating breast milk and obviously there is the convenience thing with formula (no one jump down my throat on that comment lol) x

I'm not jumping down your throat when I say this, I'm genuinly wondering why you think formula is more convenient? I, myself found popping my top up was much easier than making bottles and stuff :blush: (I've done both)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back