breast is no longer best...new research

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kayleigh, what's your obsession with this amnesty thing? We can't avoid ALL disagreements, it's ridiculous to suggest we can :wacko: I don't think anyone was offending anyone until someone jumped down my throat for saying I disagreed with the telegraph for publishing that artical.. whats the issue?

Sorry I have done both so not biased either way but the way the op started this thread was def going to start some kind of argument was a bit silly in my opinion.
If she had come on slaging formula there would have been holy hell cause everybody on here knows how these threads go.

I dont understand the need to argue about this topic. I feed my baby one way you feed yours another what is the issue?

I agree that breast probably is best as its natural but I'd rather see a baby FF then breastfed by a mother who drinks, smokes and eats crap.

I find that its not FF mothers who have any issue its usually BF as there the ones who feel there doing what is "best" and FF simple arnt through being uneducated or lazy. (not all BF mothers of course)

probably because you aren't BFing and don't get the negative comments about breastfeeding. They are about.. I've had dirty looks whilst feeding my baby in public and someone told me it was disgusting once :shrug: You also get sick people trying to say that BF is child abuse.

obviously there is the convenience thing with formula (no one jump down my throat on that comment lol) x

Not jumping down your throat babe but how is formula more convenient?!! You have to prepare bottles with formula but with breast feeding all you have to do is get out a boob!!

xx

I think BFing would be way more convenient... for example... I wouldn't have to have to juggle a crying baby + a bottle + formula, put the formula in a bottle, warm it up, etc at 2am, it'd be "on tap" at feeding temp so to speak lol. Worrying about making up formula and bringing bottles everywhere you know?

Not saying I didn't make the right choice for me but I think that is another benefit of breastfeeding, the convenience :)

People get looked down on whether they BF or FF (or atleast feel like they are)

We're fighting from different ends of THE SAME stick people..........

Why do this threads have to turn into an argument seriously

As long as our babies are fed thats all that matters

I was a FF but I'm the first to admit that breast is best, i tryed and I failed. At the end of the day aidan is healthy, developing at a good rate and happy thats all that matters to me.

please read the contraversial reply amnesty thread before you post something argumentative

:hugs:

Lets see if we can actually not get a ff/breatfeeding thread locked!!
xx

Lol, i think some people just find it hard not to reply in a fashion where they offend people. We just have to try and ignore those people and they will soon be dealt with as the mods have stated in the amnesty thread :)

I for one enjoy a healthy debate but obviously try not offend anyone. I personally think that breast milk is better and i FF my daughter. But i do think that formula milk is becoming more advanced in replicating breast milk and obviously there is the convenience thing with formula (no one jump down my throat on that comment lol) x

I'm not jumping down your throat when I say this, I'm genuinly wondering why you think formula is more convenient? I, myself found popping my top up was much easier than making bottles and stuff :blush: (I've done both)

I say its more convenient because it means daddy can be more involved (my oh was really happy when i gave up trying to bf and he could get a look in!!) and also not needing your boob to feed baby means daddy can take on some night feeding. I also find i am uncomfortable thinking about bf in public so FF is definately easier for me and i'm happy with my decision :)

i dont understand how people think anything other than human milk is best for human babies:shrug:

formula companies spend millions trying to replicate breast milk... that says something...:thumbup:

blah :hugs: You did was was right for your baby

At least our babies are fed :D

ETA- Can I be really nosey and ask your real name hun, I'm fed up of calling you blah, I feel rude everytime I do lol :blush:
xx

I was a FF but I'm the first to admit that breast is best, i tryed and I failed. At the end of the day aidan is healthy, developing at a good rate and happy thats all that matters to me.

please read the contraversial reply amnesty thread before you post something argumentative

xx

Lol, i think some people just find it hard not to reply in a fashion where they offend people. We just have to try and ignore those people and they will soon be dealt with as the mods have stated in the amnesty thread :)

I for one enjoy a healthy debate but obviously try not offend anyone. I personally think that breast milk is better and i FF my daughter. But i do think that formula milk is becoming more advanced in replicating breast milk and obviously there is the convenience thing with formula (no one jump down my throat on that comment lol) x

I'm not jumping down your throat when I say this, I'm genuinly wondering why you think formula is more convenient? I, myself found popping my top up was much easier than making bottles and stuff :blush: (I've done both)

I say its more convenient because it means daddy can be more involved (my oh was really happy when i gave up trying to bf and he could get a look in!!) and also not needing your boob to feed baby means daddy can take on some night feeding. I also find i am uncomfortable thinking about bf in public so FF is definately easier for me and i'm happy with my decision :)

It's wonderful that you're happy with your decision, you don't have to justify that to me honestly I was just wondering.

There's conviences to both and both have their negatives. I still think FF is easier in the beginning cos BF is sooo hard for the first few weeks but then I think BF is way easier (not that FF is difficult lol).

Kayleigh, what's your obsession with this amnesty thing? We can't avoid ALL disagreements, it's ridiculous to suggest we can :wacko: I don't think anyone was offending anyone until someone jumped down my throat for saying I disagreed with the telegraph for publishing that artical.. whats the issue?

Do you know...i find you so rude sometimes. I'm not 'obsessed' with the amnesty thread but i think it is a very good idea to try and take on board what is being said. I didnt jump down your throat either on your post, i just think it was a bit harsh saying its 'disgusting'. You may have a strong view on the subject but you needn't be quite so blunt..

My first post did try to stay equal but getting a bit wound up by people's replies so thought I would just add!! -

When you see the adverts on telly for formula it actually says at the bottom on the sceen in small print *not a substitute for breast milk* or something along those lines so the companies obvioulsy agree breast milk is better.

probably because you aren't BFing and don't get the negative comments about breastfeeding. They are about.. I've had dirty looks whilst feeding my baby in public and someone told me it was disgusting once :shrug: You also get sick people trying to say that BF is child abuse.

Ok so we have to put up with being looked down on by BF mums because they get looked down on?

I find time and time again this elitist attitude from BF mothers (against not all)

I tried breastfeeding but unfortunatly it didnt work. I would have liked to carry on and will do it again for #2 but getting "breast is best" shoved down my throat hasnt made me feel like trying it again its just p#ssed me off

xx

I know that wasn't directed at me..but I found FF feeding much more convenient...and I didn't swap to FF because of that either, I had other issues.
Anyway I found it more convenient because I did not feel happy whipping my boob out in public, or even in my house with visitors, my OH/mum could help with feeds, I didn't have to worry about what I was wearing in case it didn't lift properly, or deal with maternity bras.
I didnt find the bottle cleaning an issue either.

Thing is which ever way you end up feeding, by choice or not...you learn to live with the things that do not seem ideal to other people - simply becuase you get on with it and don't really think about it.
I am sure that mums who BF do not see any of my points above as an issue...but to me they were..does that make sense lol?

Do you know...i find you so rude sometimes. I'm not 'obsessed' with the amnesty thread but i think it is a very good idea to try and take on board what is being said. I didnt jump down your throat either on your post, i just think it was a bit harsh saying its 'disgusting'. You may have a strong view on the subject but you needn't be quite so blunt..

I didn't say the post was disgusting I said the telegraph was. It's not as if the telegraph has feelings that I shouldn't hurt :wacko: I don't know why you're getting so antsy about it :dohh: Jeez.

My first post did try to stay equal but getting a bit wound up by people's replies so thought I would just add!! -

When you see the adverts on telly for formula it actually says at the bottom on the sceen in small print *not a substitute for breast milk* or something along those lines so the companies obvioulsy agree breast milk is better.

They don't agree, it's the law. Although they are SO clever with their advertising the law might aswell not exist!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"