Breast or Formula

I'm plan on breastfeeding, mainly because we just don't have much money and cutting out the expense of formula will really help.

You can have some wine while bf, if you pump ahead of time. My mom used to do that with me... she'd pump during the day, then drink, and feed me the pumped milk while the alcohol worked its way out of her system.

BabyBean... I am SOOO sorry if you took me as being insensitive. I didn't mean to come off like a b****. I just find that society has for some reason caused so many people to be ashamed of their bodies and insecure. Maybe it is the way we were raised or maybe the culture... Anyways, try to look at breastfeeding as a wonderful choice. Be glad it is a choice... I know my husband would have done anything to be able to breastfeed himself or carry the baby. Yes I know.. being prego and breastfeeding can be very difficult but in the end we are so lucky to get to do it. I am sure when your little one comes you will do what you think is best. As I said in my earlier message I did both. So I am not passing judgement... just simply giving my opinion. Again I apologize for coming off unkind.. so hard to express yourself on here sometimes. So hugs and sorry:sad1:

I'm going to breastfeed because it's better for baby, helps you burn calories and who can forget cost much cheaper.

I would guess more convenient,too. No mixing, just pop out the bbs!

I do plan to breastfeed.

Do your bbs stay big if you breast feed? I hope so lol

Well, im gonna breastfeed this time, so wanted to last time but she couldnt latch on and midwifes at hospital didnt give much help. So fingers firmly crossed that i can do it this time.

I dont know if anyone else is like this but i dont think i would be able to feed in public, its not that im a prude or anything like that, im just really shy. So i'll be getting a breast pump and expressing milk for when i go out.

I dont understand people who think breastfeeding is disgusting and would never consider doing it, after all it is one of the most natural things for a mother to do!!!

Well, im gonna breastfeed this time, so wanted to last time but she couldnt latch on and midwifes at hospital didnt give much help. So fingers firmly crossed that i can do it this time.

I dont know if anyone else is like this but i dont think i would be able to feed in public, its not that im a prude or anything like that, im just really shy. So i'll be getting a breast pump and expressing milk for when i go out.

I dont understand people who think breastfeeding is disgusting and would never consider doing it, after all it is one of the most natural things for a mother to do!!!

I think that's understandable. If I did, I'd have to use one of those baby slings where no one can tell what the little one is doing. I admit part of it is b/c of the reactions of people-some will react negatively just for seeing a nipple thru a shirt i don't wanna know they'd react to seeing breastfeeding! :shy:

I think you will find expressing hard to keep up if you dont breastfeed as well.

The baby is the main thing that stimulates the production of milk and is more efficient than expresssing.

I still drank when i was breast feeding i had the odd glass of wine or beer obviously within reason and not getting bloto! it didnt affect Ewan and he is a healthly strapping 2 yr old.

I would advise going to a breastfeeding clinic or group i found mine invaluable and they welcome pregnant mums as well as mum and baby. Its nice to chat along with mums who are actually having the same problems as your self and you suddenly feel more human rather than a freak!

You can mix forumula and breastfeeding from 6 weeks once your milk supply is more established.

The first two weeks were the worst for me and the hospital was crap i taught my self, and started off using nipple shields as my boobs were so engorged poor laddie couldnt get a latch on... kept slipping out of hiw mouth - the nipple shields helped him latch on and start the milk flowing and bring the nipple out so he could attach. or i would cup feed him if that wouldnt work, you do need to be slightly stubborn and determined to do it i think.
:muaha:

I know breastfeeding is best for the baby nutritionally but i must admit i really don't want to breast feed. I think everyone is different in how comfortable they feel in doing it. I had a breast augmentation for medically reasons a few years back and even tho i know my BBs still would work it would make me feel extremely uncomfortable. Do whatever you feel is right for you and your family x

I think that's understandable. If I did, I'd have to use one of those baby slings where no one can tell what the little one is doing. I admit part of it is b/c of the reactions of people-some will react negatively just for seeing a nipple thru a shirt i don't wanna know they'd react to seeing breastfeeding! :shy:

I think this is part of the problem for me, it is so not acceptable for women to breastfeed in public these days, yet you see girls walking around with their arses and boobs hanging out of their clothes and people probably dont even bat an eyelid!!

One of those sling things is a good idea actually or maybe like a shawl type thingy!

^That reminds me of when there was a picture of a woman breastfeeding on the cover of a magazine and folks reacted negatively. But there hasn't been 1/2 the outrage over all boobies on Maxim or even women's magazines. :wacko:

Yes, I think I will get a sling thingy. Supposedly it makes babies less colicky,too.

Lorrilou - I think you've hit the nail on the head. Why is it acceptable for girls/women to walk around showing off cleavages and bums and tums yet not acceptable to see a baby feeding. It's not like you are showing your boobs at all. When you feed unless someone is standing over you so they can see over your shoulder they wont be able to see anything except a baby lying across you like they are getting a cuddle.

Breastfeeding is what has made our species survive FFS!

A sling is a great idea to use when you're out and about - firstly its so handle to have the baby with you so if you quickly need the loo you don't have to faff around finding a large cubicle and will hide most of the baby when you feed until you've got your confidence up.

You know that it's actually against the law to prevent a woman breastfeeding in public in Scotland.

I am goign 2 try breast, and if it does not work out at least i ahve not lost anything

breast feeding is always best i fed all my 4 kids i had a mate who is gonna give birth soon and i asked her if she was gonna breast feed she said no she isnt coz she likes her going out and she def isnt getting her boobs out even after i said buy a pump she couldnt be bothered to much hassle and poor her if it interferes with her life but how bloody selfish can u get makes me so mad

Darkheaven you made me smile! Tell it like it is girl!.

Breast-feeding all the way. Why would you willing want to feed your baby something artificial? I will breast-feed because I want to give my baby the best start in life. I pumped for my daughter because I had no support breast-feeding. But I agree, breasts are there to breast-feed, it's really that simple.

Its not that simple at all!! Well done to anyone who can successful breastfeed their babies but don't be blind to reality when you state such harsh wording. It can be quite upsetting to some Mums in various situations.

Some women don't have a good milk flow - I didn't have a single leak - my baby wouldn't latch on! So I had no choice in 'artifical' milk.

breast feeding is always best i fed all my 4 kids i had a mate who is gonna give birth soon and i asked her if she was gonna breast feed she said no she isnt coz she likes her going out and she def isnt getting her boobs out even after i said buy a pump she couldnt be bothered to much hassle and poor her if it interferes with her life but how bloody selfish can u get makes me so mad
'Going out' reason is quite wrong.

Maybe shes uncomfortable and is finding a reason around but you know her we don't :D Some Mums to be can be quite embarrassed to say that they are uncomfortable about breast feeding it is a small matter of confidence. I lacked it at first thought & came round to the idea but
had problems.

I don't see the difference between breast feeding and pumping. In terms of 'don't like the feel' I think that its a ridiculous excuse. You are allowed to have the odd crink of wine, I know my mum did and never harmed us. I applaud the ladies who try their hardest to breast feed before giving up, it is not easy but it is worth the effort.

I wish I could say I knew the difference between breast-feeding and pumping :( Pumping is A LOT of hard work, I really do not want to pump next time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->