Breast or Formula

I'm going to give breastfeeding a try, I've realised from reading other ladies stories that it doesn't always just happen.. I really hope me and the baby get on alright with it as I'd like him to get all the goodness from my milk..

If it doesn't work for us then Im happy to give him formula..

Just see how it goes I guess.. :)

'Going out' reason is quite wrong.

Maybe shes uncomfortable and is finding a reason around but you know her we don't :D Some Mums to be can be quite embarrassed to say that they are uncomfortable about breast feeding it is a small matter of confidence. I lacked it at first thought & came round to the idea but
had problems.

nope shes not uncomfortable as she told me she just doesnt want to and im not aiming at ppl who have tried and cant im aiming at ppl who have never tried and cant be bothered at all

ok i amy not be able to actually breast feed( though would if i could) i feel that breast is best it has worked for the past few thousand years (prob more) so if it aint broken y fix it,.that is if you can breast feed phisically

Last time I tried to breastfeed my son, but after a traumatic emergency c-section, it only lasted just over a week, the midwives at one of the hospitals I was at were so busy, it was difficult getting help getting him latched on, and by the time id moved to a hospital nearer me where I knew all the midwives, it was too late..but this time, I am determined to make it work for a few reasons. Brilliant for the baby, good way to loose weight, a lot less hassle and money..just seems like a much better option. I just need to make sure I ask for the help right at the beginning, rather than thinking Im doing it right, only to be in agony!

ok i amy not be able to actually breast feed( though would if i could) i feel that breast is best it has worked for the past few thousand years (prob more) so if it aint broken y fix it,.that is if you can breast feed phisically

Why can't you breast-feed? I'm curious :)

Oh I feel stupid, i missed that *waddles off*

dont feel bad about your opinions on breast feeding, as much as i think its a great idea the doc and nurses and every other member of staff thats helps with pg, birth and after care are just 2 pushy and its not fair. out of my 5 ante-natal friends just 1 carried on breast feeding and her son had skin problem after skin problem, so sma, cow n gate etc are just as good. i think i might do the 1st feed from the breast in hospital but will be on sma gold after that. no way is the best its your choice x

Im bottling feeding , my boobs are extremly sensitive and get sore very quickly which i found after having my daughter first time around.

I wanted to enjoy it but why cry every time you need to feed your own child? It wasnt fun so bottle feeding it is, i would like to re try but my nipples get so so sore even from OH playing :blush: DONT Want to experience that pain again.

On the plus side i will have help through the night feeds and have more sleep through out the night where my OH will help with feeds and i will feel more alive the coming days to look after the children.

I find people will generally push breast feeding onto others which i have found around my area but remember not everyone can do it so dont get upset if nothing goes to plan :) iether way baby will be fed and grow up just as healthy on formula :)

Hey..
Might have just been an unlucky one..but my friend was breastfed and has a few of the things breastfeeding is supposidly meant to prevent..eg bad excema
You also don't know how much milk the baby is taking and can be up more often than you would be during the night with bottle feeding. entirely up to u dont wana change whatever you have made your mind up for but jus letting you know the negatives aswell :) xxx

Hey..
Might have just been an unlucky one..but my friend was breastfed and has a few of the things breastfeeding is supposidly meant to prevent..eg bad excema
You also don't know how much milk the baby is taking and can be up more often than you would be during the night with bottle feeding. entirely up to u dont wana change whatever you have made your mind up for but jus letting you know the negatives aswell :) xxx

normal feeding time is 25 to 30mins and yes you tell how much they have had by using a breast pump for the night feeds so u could take it in turns cant wait to start feeding again my boobs are killin me and leaking bd

Even pumping isn't a good indication of how much milk you are producing. A baby who is going through 12 or so diapers a day is a much better indication of wether baby is getting enough or not, and if the baby acts satiated is another good indication of good production.

Breastfeeding is not easy, it's sometimes painful and worrisome and frustrating being your baby's only nutrition source. But doesn't that sound a bit like pregnancy?:baby:

But there are also a lot of women who do not get good support/education in breastfeeding and just can't continue. It is sad, but they aught not feel like they've done something wrong or haven't done the best for their child(ren).

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->