Breast reduction on nhs?

R

rubyrose

Hi all, wsa hoping to get some advice from people. Would be great if there was anyone here that had successfully gotten a breast reduction on the NHS actually!

Anyway pre pregnancy i was a 32F, they were huge. I was only a size 10 and my waist was like 27 inches. They've been like that since I ws 13/14 soyou can imagine the impact its had on me. My posture is poor, i have grooves in my shoulders and i am just embarassed by them. :cry: I always look for tops that "cover" them and hate the comments i get. In school boys would just grab them and i still get "big tit" comments or the one with the big boobs and i just feel like crap. I HATE them so much. It has got to the point now that even if im talking to someone and their eyes fall a little i get paranoid they are staring at them. I've also had men grab them in clubs and make comments, so much so now i just don't go to clubs and if i have gone for someones bday i just cover up and look ridiculous.

So now they are even more humongous because i'm pregnant and i just look like boobs on legs. i have no waist or anything. I'm still only a size 10 - 12 pregnant so I look out of proportion. They just rest on my belly and i think they are quite saggy seeing as im only 22 in two months.

Does anyone think its worth me going to my GP and telling him how I feel? Has anyone had any success with it? I honestly feel like its ruining me at the moment and i am SICK of the constant back pain because of them. I can't even wear bikinis/tankinis and i wont go swimming right now because my boob are too huge and i get looks and comments.

:cry:

Defo worth it. sounds like you could successfully get one too b/c they impact you physically as well as mentally. Think the waiting lists are quite long though.

Good luck :hugs:

Hi hun,my sister is very big busted ,I think she is something like 40GG!She has always been big chested since puberty and has caused her to have back problems,she also has the grooves in her shoulders.She went and saw our GP last year as was really getting to her.He referred her to a consultant who arranged for her to go to a sort of conference/lecture regarding the procedure for a reduction (there were lots of other girls there in the same situation).Since then they have assesed her and told her she needs to lose a little bit of weight and stop smoking before they will operate on her.
I would really reccomend seeing your doctor hun as it is effect your quality of life and getting you down.Good luck and let us know how you get on chuck x

Thank you. :) I plan on breast feeding so i know they are only going to get bigger once the milk comes in so i am planning on waiting to finish breast feeding my baby then going to the doc or do you think its worth going now anyway? I know he might turn round and say oh well lets wait till you finished breast feeding but they were never small anyway!

Thanks for your advice!

Id say there is no harm in going to see the doctor now and express your thoughts.Basically see how the land lies with the doctor,if you get a frosty reception or one that just tries to fob you off then at least you will be able to know for future reference and book in with a different doctor,also there will be a record of your concerns on your file too which will help your case.Do you have a good relationship with your doc?x

I have four docs at my surgery and two of them i feel really comfortable with so i suppose i could ask to see one of them! I suppose its no harm going to see them now really i so hope he understands! His usually quite an understanding doc so heres hoping!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->