Breastfeeding... 12 month pp... 1 period now nothing.

Daisy29

Reaction score
Hi, I wondered if anyone could bring any light/hope. I have been breastfeeding for 13 months, first period arrived last month. I breastfeed once in the morning and evening. We weren't using any contraception until the period arrived. Within the last month, max, we weren't careful for two occasions. I'm now nearly two weeks late. Does it take a while for periods to regulate whilst breastfeeding? Not ready for another so soon. Thanks :thumbup:

Yes, if you're still nursing then your menstrual cycle can come and go and take a while to regulate. However, i would still recommend a pregnancy test as you ovulate 2 weeks prior to the arrival of your period. Pregnancy is still a possibility

After my second I went 46 days between my first and second periods when I eventually got them back. I then regulated back to my 28 day cycle. After my first my periods were closer together than normal whilst still breastfeeding, they were like 24-26 days apart - it sucked! Breastfeeding can definitely screw with your hormones, but you should take a pregnancy test if you still haven't got your period, it's definitely a possibility.

Phew thanks for your reply. Very reassuring! I might test tomorrow as I like a bottle of wine at weekends...

Normal not to regulate straight away, also normal to get pregnant on first cycle!

Hi, just update the thread, in case anyone in future searches a similar question. I’m pregnant 🙈😀

Lol! Was about to reply when j saw this. Happened to me too lol

Hi, just update the thread, in case anyone in future searches a similar question. I’m pregnant 🙈😀

Was just going to say yes v possible to be pregnant as you are super fertile after pregnancy!! Eeek 😂😂 you will have your hands full soon! Congrats mama xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->