• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Breastfeeding @ 6 weeks

Angelica

Proud mummy :)
Reaction score
Should ur baby still want to constantly feed at 6 weeks or should there be an established 'kind of' routine??

Fox has no routine. He can go 2 hours between feeds but then snacks alot too so can feed 3x in a hour.

By 12 weeks there is usually some kind of routine

It depends what you mean by constantly. Milo usually goes 2 hours between feeds during the day. But he can sometimes feed more often.

In the night he goes longer.

At 6 weeks we had no routine... I rememer trying to keep a record of his feeding times to see if there was a pattern but there never was! Sometimes he would go 2.5 hours between feeds an sometimes he would barely go 1 hour :/

now at 12 weeks there is a bit of a routine of 3 hours between feeds but occasionally he decides to miss a nap/feed and it throws the whole pattern off.

Scarlett feeds roughly every 2 hours, but she's done that always.

I don't think my lo ever had a routine really for bfing, but I was happy to just feed on demand tbh. I kinda got more into a routine when I was weaning her off the boob as I was lessening the time she was feeding, iykwim.

She naturally started going less between feeds, but remember with growth spurts etc they may lessen the time or seem more predictable and then boom, back on it every 30 seconds

X

there was no routine here either.
And 6 weeks is also time for a big growth spurt for most babies. My girl nursed non-stop for two days at around that age. That's normal.

At 6 weeks we has absolutely zero routine - my LO would have been on the boob ALL DAY long if I had let her - which I did 90% of the time (but a girls gotta pee and eat and occasionally leave the house ha)

The 6 week growth spurt was definitely one of the worst for us! So at 6 weeks, yes, LO was definitely attached most the time with no routine :)

No routine for us until 12 weeks, and even then it s only 2 hours or less between feeds! Now she goes 3-3.5 hours between feeds, and has a solid lunch and sometimes breakfast.

Nope no routine. I only use routines with sleep, and sometimes things still get in the way!

We had no routine until 12 weeks and after that age was every 3 hours.

No routine here, I just freed on demand whenever she needs it. Got no idea how often she feeds as I don't check times etc.

We had no routine until 4+month, 6 weeks is one of the hardest period with babies in general, it's when mums start to feel like they can't keep on top of things, it will get better, really it will.

Neither of mine had a routine at 6 weeks. They both fed whenever they were hungry. It's a good thing! Helps to keep up a good supply.

Mine didn't have a routine or pattern to feeding at that age as such. I fed on demand and when there was no growth spurt they would go about 2.5 hours in the day and 4 at night (I think). Growth spurts increased the frequency to 90 mins in the day and 3 hours at night.

My twins are 5 months and they cluster feed ALL the time. I don't think we have had a clear 2 hrs stretch since they were born !

No routine for us at 6 weeks for either baby. There is a growth spurt at 6 weeks(ish) so if there is any type of routine starting for form it will go out of the window!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->