• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Breastfeeding @ 6 weeks

Angelica

Proud mummy :)
Reaction score
Should ur baby still want to constantly feed at 6 weeks or should there be an established 'kind of' routine??

My LO had no routine at 6 weeks, still demanding feeds between every 30mins to 3 hours. Just depended...

We had no routine at that point either, or maybe we did but it was impossible to spot with one growth spurt after another! I think by around 3 months I was starting to spot routines or what was likely to happen - I think it was a combination of things: I was better at spotting cues, baby was starting to develop preferences/her own routine, breastfeeding/supply was properly established, my brain was less frazzled so better able to keep track of things :rofl:.

Hmmm im finding it difficult to carry on so was wondering how much longer things will b like this.
Also wen she wakes up at night she gets so frustrated wen i bf her... She needs a bottle (either formula or expressed) but as i cant express very much its normally formula :(
My dh is getting annoyed with the disturbance at night too so thats not helping!

How come she needs a bottle at night? Do you know why shes getting frustrated? could it be wind or a dirty nappy? my LO fusses during BFing sometimes when he's got wind or a wet nappy and I haven't noticed... Is she definitely hungry when she wakes in the night? Tell hubby that's what he signed up for when he became a daddy! No exceptions! :)

Frustration at night could be wind or gassy. My son does both at night, especially gassy. Since we co-sleep its easy for me to just sit up and bring his little legs up to the sounds of farts lol and rub his tummy. Then, he'll be happy to bf. hopefully you'll be able to stop the bottle. I hated making/warming bottles

Mine fed every 2hrs at 6 weeks but feeds lasted between 30mins and 1hr30 mins so one feed would often almost end up in another. It got WAY easier for me at about 8 weeks. She still feeds every 2 hrs but feeds are much shorter.

Last week (6weeks for my LO), he was feeding like crazy, and super fussy. This week he is still feeding often but sleeping and napping better. We don't have a routine... I just more follow his cues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->