• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Breastfeeding and fertility - Questions!

Skywalker

Reaction score
Hi ladies! My son was EBF until 5-6 months old, then I returned to work and pumped breastmilk for him and a few months ago (he's 1 now) started supplementing with more solids and formula to meet his appetite. I've started being sexually active again in a new relationship and bled a little bit after the first time we had sex (first time since I gave birth) and I've been feeling crampy and a bit constipated. There's a slight question in my mind as to whether I could actually be pregnant but I was under the impression that if I'm breastfeeding and have no period that's incredibly hard to get pregnant. I don't actually want to get pregnant right now, not right away lol, it wouldn't be a huge problem or issue if I was but I'd like to avoid it for now if I can.

Anyone know what's the deal? All I can find on Google and Kellymom and similar sites is that you're only really guaranteed protection from pregnancy if you're EBF'ing a baby under 6 months old on demand, I can't seem to find any info for someone in my situation.

It is possible to catch the very first egg and not have a period between pregnancies.

Your period could return at any time now, so it's definitely possible to get pregnant. Some women have a hard and some women don't.

Possible definitely. Probable? Well that would depend on lots of factors I couldn't calculate. You'll just have to wait and test.

I think the statistic I saw was that you have a 3% chance of getting pregnant before your first post partum period. I wouldn't call the bleeding after sex a pp period unless it was a few days of bleeding? Probably just cervix irritation.

It is unlikely that you're pregnant, but not impossible. Have you taken a test?

Also, hello from a fellow Floridian ;)

I got pregnant before having my first period after pregnancy. It's entirely possible so if you feel pregnant, take a test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->