Breastfeeding and getting pregnant again with artificial insemination?

Mafi419

Reaction score
Hi! I don't know where to post this...I'm hoping someone here is able to help me :)
It it goes, me and my wife decided to start TTC in April 2014 using frozen sperm for at-home artificial insemination...it worked on our first try and now we have a beautiful almost 8 month old baby boy. He was exclusively breastfed until 6 months and he never liked dummies, which is fine by us. He stills nurses whenever he wants, and I'm guessing I'll keep breastfeeding him for a long time. The thing is, I was hoping to get pregnant again maybe when he is 18-24 months old, using the same method. I know I can get pregnant even if I still breastfeed, but will it affect my fertility? Because using frozen sperm and at-home insemination, I know I have to have my full fertility for it to work. I'm guessing by then Lucas will only breastfeed a couple times a day, but still...what do you think about this?

We were planning on using the same donor and that was kind of important for us, but the donor is not donating anymore and the straws ran-out! We only have 4 vials/straws reserved, so I can't try many cycles :/

Wow! Congrats I don't have any advice to offer but am curious to see some experience/feedback on your question! Can I ask how you were successful on your first try? This will be my first month ttc with frozen AI so just wondering! Thanks!

Hi Pinkluv24! I really think we were very lucky :D I only controlled my cycle for a month because I was so eager to start ttc! It just took on our first cycle :) I created a journal at the time, I will leave the link here for you! Good luck on your journey! The thing with frozen sperm is to get the ovulation time window as accurate as possible :) https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...-ttc-1-trying-every-possible-method-home.html

Thanks! I know that's not the topic you posted about but I appreciate the feedback and am curious to see the responses you get from your question!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->