breastfeeding and introducing a bottle once a day - help please!

M2B83

Reaction score
hi everyone. I have a 4 week old baby and am breastfeeding at the mo.
I would like to start giving the baby a bottle once or twice a day (prob at night so DH can help!).
I have my pump and have already expressed before and I was wondering if anyone is able to help me. How much milk do you roughly think that I would need to pump each day for a couple of evening/night feeds? I know its a kinda how long is a piece of string question but do you think a few oz's? or more like 4-6 oz's? also, when should I express the milk for this?
I have tried to gain this information from "professionals" but its like pulling teeth out........... they just dont want to help!
Thanks so much in advance

I have a 4 (nearly 5) week old and shes had 1 bottle in an evening a few times now. She takes approx 2oz at a time when my husband gives her the bottle in an evening.

I read somewhere (kellymom i think since thats where i usually get BF info!) you divide 25oz (usually daily amount for a baby) by however many times they feed per day and thats how many oz they need per feed.

Im pretty sure my girl feeds little and often so i guess it depends on how your baby feeds.

I just pump whenever i get a minute - usually the other boob while shes feeding in an afternoon.

thank you, thats great!
I just managed to speak to the national breastfeeding people (not NCT!) and she was really helpful. basically said baby will prob take half of what they weigh in oz's. so if baby is 8lbs, will prob take around 4oz's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->