Breastfeeding, and late, whilst ntnp

Jamaris Mummy

Reaction score
Hi ladies. I have a 13 month old dd and my fiancé and I have decided to stop using protection in the hope we will fall pregnant with our next. I have breastfeed dd from day one, and I am currently weaning her. She's been on 3 feeds a day for a while now, and I am now down to 1 feed a day with her, taking a week per feed to wean. My last period was dec 13, and I was due jan 12 to have one which hasn't came. I am now a week late have taken two tests which both said negative. I am wondering whether I am pregnant and just not far along enough for the test to detect, or whether the weaning has messed with my hormones making my period late? Should i go and see my dr and have a blood test? Any advice or opinions welcome!!!! Thankyou!!

Have you been having regular periods while you were giving her 3 feeds a day? When did your period come back? :)

Have you been having regular periods while you were giving her 3 feeds a day? When did your period come back? :)

I've had two regular periods yes and it came back when she was almost 11 months...

Hmmm.... It could just be that your cycles are being affected due to dropping feeds. I monitored my cycles while i was BFing my DD because i wanted to start to TTC DS and although they were regular for me, i only had a really short LP until i completely weaned her off. It was only 8/9 days. Then i got pregnant on my first cycle after she quit completely when she was 12 months.

If it's a negative test, i'd say it's more likely that O was delayed due to fluctuating hormones. But, on saying that, there are women who don't show up positive for a few weeks after a missed period!

Can you remember when/if you showed signs of ovulating?

Hmmm.... It could just be that your cycles are being affected due to dropping feeds. I monitored my cycles while i was BFing my DD because i wanted to start to TTC DS and although they were regular for me, i only had a really short LP until i completely weaned her off. It was only 8/9 days. Then i got pregnant on my first cycle after she quit completely when she was 12 months.

If it's a negative test, i'd say it's more likely that O was delayed due to fluctuating hormones. But, on saying that, there are women who don't show up positive for a few weeks after a missed period!

Can you remember when/if you showed signs of ovulating?

Thankyou so much that is helpful! I am not sure what lp means tho lol I'm not familiar with tracking cycles etc can you recommend how to begin doing this? I don't remember when I ov'd but I know I had clear signs not last time but the time before, very crampy etc!

I agree I would start tracking your cycles. The best way is usually temping and checking your cervical mucus (sounds so gross lol) the is a website called www.fertilityfriend.com and it explains everything.
My first few months were up and down especially when I dropped feeds. I am still breastfeeding my son and he is also 13 months but we are still on quite a few a day but I have had my period back for almost 7 months now so they have just started being regular again. I started tracking mine because I kept being late and it was getting my hopes up, also some women don't ovulate when they first get there period back I had a few annovulatory cycles where I didn't o. I would retest in a week if af hasn't showed and yeah definitely start tracking your cycles.

Ahhh sorry, i really shouldn't assume everyone is as big a charting geek as i am. lol! LP stands for Luteal Phase. It's the second part of your cycle that begins after you ovulate and ends when you get AF. It's so called because of the corpus luteum which is where the egg is released from. This phase should be around 14 days, but anything from 10-16 is considered average. If you have an LP of 18 days or longer you must be pregnant. Anything below 10 days means that you might struggle to conceive as it has to be longer to give the egg chance to implant properly. I have an LP of about 11/12 days usually, so it's on the short side anyway, but i have managed to get pregnant 4 times with that. However, like i said, when i was breastfeeding it went down to 8/9 days. This is the normal effect of prolactin on your cycles though. Nothing to worry about and i got knocked up the first cycle after stopping feeding her.

To begin tracking your cycles i would highly recommend following the chart link in my siggy (fluids n temps n shiz) and looking up the stuff on that site. It's Fertility Friend and it's one of the most used and certainly the most user friendly charting software i think. The basic software is free. They also do lots of educational stuff - slideshows etc. - about charting basics and basics about your cycles. Look for the "education" link somewhere up top and have a nose around there. I learned a TON from reading that site. :)

I agree I would start tracking your cycles. The best way is usually temping and checking your cervical mucus (sounds so gross lol) the is a website called www.fertilityfriend.com and it explains everything.
My first few months were up and down especially when I dropped feeds. I am still breastfeeding my son and he is also 13 months but we are still on quite a few a day but I have had my period back for almost 7 months now so they have just started being regular again. I started tracking mine because I kept being late and it was getting my hopes up, also some women don't ovulate when they first get there period back I had a few annovulatory cycles where I didn't o. I would retest in a week if af hasn't showed and yeah definitely start tracking your cycles.

Thankyou very much for replying, and thanks to sausages too I really appreciate it!! So do I need to buy a opk do u think?:)

I would wait until af shows to buy some opks but its up to you doesn't really matter either way. I personally find opks really confusing but lots of people swear by them.

Nah, i find OPK 's annoying. Unless you can use the expensive smiley face digi ones. Monitoring your CM gives you a free and easy way to see if you're fertile. :)

Nah, i find OPK 's annoying. Unless you can use the expensive smiley face digi ones. Monitoring your CM gives you a free and easy way to see if you're fertile. :)

Thanks ladies:)
Im taking a test this afternoon so I will let u know:)
In the meantime, how would u describe cm in early pregnancy?

Thanks ladies:)
Im taking a test this afternoon so I will let u know:)
In the meantime, how would u describe cm in early pregnancy?

Ok so I just took a test and got a bfp!

Yay congrats that is so exciting!!!!! Congratulations Hun. And even though you don't need to cm is usually creamy in early pregnancy.

OMG!! Congratulations!!!!! :D I bet you're over the moon ay?! :D

OMG!! Congratulations!!!!! :D I bet you're over the moon ay?! :D

Thanks ladies!:) I am ecstatic! I feel so blessed we fell so fast. I would like to especially thankyou both do mch for taking the time to reply to my thread, I really appreciate it:) all the very best to u both!

Not a problem good luck with your pregnancy and I hope you have a happy and wealthy 9 months congrats again!! :)

Awww! No problemo!

I hope you have a long and uneventful pregnancy. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"