breastfeeding and the beach

DragonTamer

Single mom of 4
Reaction score
Ok, i have no problem feeding my baby in public at the beach, my question is IF i decide to go in the water, should i go rinse my breasts off with the stinky unfiltered well water? Which would be worse to have on my nipples, salt water or the well water? It may sound stupid but I've never gone to the beach while breastfeeding before

No advice, but stalking! I've been wondering the same thing, but with lakes or public pools!

Could you bring a bottle of bottled water to rise with? :shrug:

What about using baby wipes to wipe your nipples off? I haven't had this issue yet but that's what I plan to do during the summer when we go to the Y.

What an interesting question... I live in australia and although its now our winter I now wonder what people do in the summer while breast feeding... It's too hot not to go to the beach... I think if it were me towel drying off would be ok, the only thing I'd worry about is the salty taste... Someone let us know what u have done :)

im sure a bottle of water and a good towel dry would do the trick

I ended up not going in the water, i shaved my legs and the salt water is horrible on freshly shaved legs (mine at least) but i will keep the bottled water idea in mind for the future

Had the same question. AND two friends are having pool party baby showers so ill have the same issue with chlorine. Thanks for asking!

Hand express a bit of milk and rub it on your nipples then wipe it off.

How about those wipes they sell specifically for pacifiers-- I think they are called "pacifier wipes" :)

How about an airtight tupplewear tub/wet bag cut up a cheap face cloth/ towel and wet with water at home then pop them in the airtight tub and use them as you need them. You could keep the tub in your cool box too which would make them nice for using all over you and baby to cool you off?

How about an airtight tupplewear tub/wet bag cut up a cheap face cloth/ towel and wet with water at home then pop them in the airtight tub and use them as you need them. You could keep the tub in your cool box too which would make them nice for using all over you and baby to cool you off?

This is a great idea, especially using them to cool off! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"