Breastfeeding and TTC

Krippy

Reaction score
I am anxious to start TTC our third child but I do not want to stop BFing my 10 month old. He only BFs in the morning when he wakes up, twice after his day naps, and before he goes to bed. He has been sleeping 8-12 hours stretches at night for at least 2 or so months, 11-12 hours every night the last month, and I haven't had my cycle return. I have had very promising cramping, cervical mucus, bloating, etc. on and off for about 2 months but no period and therefore I am assuming no ovulation. I am thinking to start Vitex and Raspberry Leaf Tea this weekend to help my cycle start up again. Any other advice or insight into something I may be missing? I also know that my body may not be ready and I am ok with that too. I do not want to wean my son before he is ready at all so that is not an option (until he decides otherwise) and if I don't have my cycle back I will be content to wait but I would also like to do all that I can to optimize my fertility! TIA!

Id say the tea is good. Also just bd without protection, maybe you will catch the first egg released before your period even returns. Take your prenatal vitamins just in case!

Yeah I got pregnant before my first period while breastfeeding. Just keep Bd and it'll happen! PS I also took vitex 1000 mg per day.

My DD was 11 months when my cycle returned and she was feeding 4x a day and once at night. Would.your LO be happy to drop one feed yet because that might, but if not dont worry, it sounds like your body is gearing up.

I got my period back at 10 months.. however my body wasn't ready until 13 months PP. My lutheal phase was to short until now. My daughter was nursing about as much as your son, possibly more. I would give it a little time if your not ready to wean. Like others said go ahead and start BDing and you may catch an egg before you get a period. It does sound like your body's getting ready, it can just take hormones a little bit to regulate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->