Breastfeeding baby, not preventing another :-)

You must be in shock, so many things must be whirling round your head, sending big :hug:

Swimmy, I just can't imagine what you must be feeling right now. :nope:

As for me, I guess I'll be miscarrying naturally, after all. The bleeding picked up a little today, so my OB wants me to let nature takes it's course at this point. I won't say I'm not scared to do this at home with the kids, but at least my DH is going to work from home for the rest of the week in case things get really bad.

Swimmy, I wish there was something to make this better. We're here to listen!

Spiffy! I'm sorry! This was exactly what you didn't want! I do pray it's not too bad. I drank red raspberry leaf tea with the two I had at home...I think Luvy mentioned that too. It really did seem to help. And took 4 ibuprofen (800mg) every 8 hrs. Glad your hubby can work from home :hug:

Hope you are ok spiffy :hugs: I second the ibuprofen, max dose spaced out, made a huge difference. And RLT xxx'

Thanks for letting me vent on here gals - I had my mom take my DD for a few days while I pulled it together. That has been really helpful for me. I kind of just was like yeah im done adulting for 2 days ... im going to go to the beach im gonna drink and im gonna read happy ending books. Me and my DH had a long long talk after therapy. They want us to make a list of reasons we want to stay together and reasons why we would to dissolve the marriage. Its been helpful to make the list, I don't know if he has worked on his list but our other homework was to write a letter to each other. I know he has written the letter but sense I haven't yet I didn't want to open it.

Spiffy - how are you doing hope everything is going ok

Oh swimmy, you are one strong woman. It takes strength to know when to take time for yourself. I'm so glad you did. You are in my prayers.

Swimmy, I hope somehow you and your husband are able to get through this. If that ever happened to me, I know I would try to fix it for the sake of my kids. And then even if it didn't work, I could honestly say I tried. :hugs:

As for me, I got checked on Tuesday and my cervix was still closed, so they gave me misoprostol to help speed things along. That first night I had bad contractions and passed a few medium clots, and then everything died off. I've been taking the medicine twice daily since then and nothing has been happening. So today I'm going in for an ultrasound to see if everything passed that first night. If not, they'll schedule me for a D&C on Monday. I know I wanted the D&C at the beginning, but now I hope I don't need it, because it would make this whole week feel like it was for nothing.

Spiffy, I've not been on here for ages and have only just seen what's been happening with you over the last few weeks. I'm so so sorry to hear about your miscarriage and I hope your follow up ultrasound shows that your body has done what it needs to do this week. Big hugs x

I hope you girls don't mind me coming on here to ask a question. I'm not actually TTC, but given that you've breastfed and have probably been more aware of your cycles as they return during/after breastfeeding, I thought you may be able to help. My third baby is now 14 months old, still breastfeeds but completely cut out night feeds a few weeks a go. With my 1st baby, periods returned about 5 weeks after stopping feeding, 2nd baby they returned 4 weeks after dropping night feeds, so I'm half expecting them to return any time now. I had a tiny bit of blood stained mucus on Monday and Tuesday so thought it was starting, but had nothing since. However, I now have a bit of aching and the odd sharp twinge in my lower right abdomen, a bit like round ligament pain in early pregnancy. I'm also very bloated. I'm wondering if it could be a cyst. Does anybody know if cysts are common around the time that things get going again after having a baby? Basically in looking for any ideas / reassurance / advice that any of you may have. Thanks for any help you may be able to offer x

Maybe ovulation pain, with just a tinge of bleeding and some slight side pain, that sounds like you may be ovulating. I'd expect AF in 10-14 days. If the pain continues or gets worse you might want to go check for a cyst or something.

Thanks Misspriss. I hope you're right. AF in a couple of weeks would be much closer to when I'd expect it based on my previous experience. The crampy twingy pains seem a little prolonged for ovulation (again, only based on my previous personal experience) but hopefully that's all it is.

Great news! The ultrasound today showed that I passed everything! I'm so relieved. Now it's just a matter of waiting for the bleeding to stop. :flower:

Good news spiffy ❤️ Did your new OB give any guidance on ttc again?

Nope. I never actually spoke to my OB in person. I spent all my time relaying information through the nurses and the ultrasound tech, and the one time I met with an OB, it was the other OB who works in the office and she never said anything about when it was okay to TTC again, so I'm just going to assume there's no reason why I can't try again as soon as possible. :winkwink:

That's good news you've passed everything spiffy :hugs: how are you feeling?
My view is do whatever feels right to help your heart heal. I hate waiting as you know, just makes me feel worse! Xxx

I so agree with Dano! Even after my d&c my RE said it was fine to try right away!

Personally, I think I need to start trying again. It's been the only thing keeping me going through this miscarriage process. Even if it takes a couple of months, at least I'll feel like I'm moving forward. I just can't handle any more waiting at this point.

So the OB's office called to set up a follow up appointment in 6 weeks, and I asked if I could start trying again right away and they said that was perfectly fine. So hopefully I'll get lucky and be pregnant again by my appointment. :winkwink:

Spiffy I'm so sorry hun. I wish none of ever had to go through this :hugs:

Hoping you get your super sticky rainbow BFP this summer Xxxx

Has an ultrasound today since I leave on vacation with DH next week. I was so worried since I've only been slightly sick. But all is well! God is a God of MIRACLES! Strong heartbeat. By my dates I should have been 7w5d but baby measured 7w2d. I'm sure the baby will catch up. There is a slight subchorionic hemmorhage so if I see spotting I shouldn't worry (but probably will anyway). I'm on pelvic rest and walking so as not to get my heart rate up. At least until the first trimester is done. No working out will be hard for me but I will do whatever it takes to keep this baby.

All the glory to God because He is in control and it's amazing how much He has helped to keep me calm.

Thanks for letting me come share my joy. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->