breastfeeding in public

mickey

Reaction score
hi guys, are you breastfeeding in public.

today I had to feed Juleika in public for the first time!

I had her in the sling and could have the sling over her head covering my boob from all curious eyes :baby:

it worked really well and I am pleased 'bout it :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

I've been doing it for ages. I tend to wear loose fitting tops atm so there's nothing really to see. I feel more confident about it in Scotland as there's a law which states that a woman cannot be prevented from BF in public.

But yes, I pretty much feed anywhere she gets hungry lol

i breast fed everywhere. at first i was really discrete, it was easy when she was little but at about 6 months she wanted a sip and a look around at the world leaving me somewhat exposed! but then it was like my boobs didn't belong to me anymore and i didn't get embarressed! other people did!!!!!!

My aunt breastfed in public all the time. Just place a blanket over the baby while he/she is feeding. I say go for it.

thx guys :hi:

it is very reassuring that there are other people who bf in public :yipee: :yipee: :yipee:

I still have the impression in London it is an absolut no no no!

anyways, wherever I've been in the world, I have never ever seen a women bf in public :dohh:

that is why I am still a little bit insecure 'bout it!

mickey, you probably have seen a woman BF, but it is very discreet :D

i used to feed anywhere, people even came up to coo the baby till they realised wot i was doing :rofl:

Yeah I also bf in public all the time. With my daughter I was more conscious of doing it and kept an eye on who was around me and picked a certain table if I was in a restaurant etc but this time round I honestly dont give it a second thought and feed my boy when he needs it.

Marley, I agree, because we have protection up here in Scotland it helps to boost your confidence

I really hope we have that law in England soon too. Even so I sort of look forward to arguing it out with anyone who tries to stop me! It makes them look like the fools with a problem who should be embarrassed - not you. Even so, I don't think that many people care. Just some older women and scary men.

that are exactly my worries, that sb will turn round, have a go at me and then I need to justify why I have to feed my baby when it is hungry :dohh:

...and I can get very angry :baby: :baby: :baby:

being realistic someone probably will give you a funny look and you may even get a comment or two but hey- there are many silly ignorant people out there so dont worry about it.

I'm going to breastfeed wherever I am if my LO is hungry, if people don't like it then that's their problem, I wouldn't stop them eating in front of me so why shouldn't my child have the same respect

With my first whenever he needed fed in public I used the publlic toilet...determined not to do that this time!

i went out with my friend the other day, she has a 4 week old and she was breastfeeding im pubic using a scarf to cover her little girls head. i was so pleased :D it was the first time she felt confident enough

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->