Breastfeeding & IVF??

Miss Redknob

Mummy at last :)
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I am currently EBF my 5 month old son and loving it. Dh and I had to go through IVF/ICSI/PGD to conceive him after 8 mc, due to chromosomal abnormalities. We have been told that IVF is the only way we can have a baby due to the high risk of chromosomal issues.

Dh and I are planning on going through IVF again next year as we don't have any frozen embryos left. I am just wondering if anyone has continued to breastfeed through down regging and ER? I would love to continue to breastfeed until my son weans himself :)

Thanks xx

My clinic wouldn't start treatment until I had weaned DD. I think something to do with hormone levels.

Thanks Peartree :) Can I ask how long you had to stop BF before you could do treatment?

My DS is an IVF baby, and this pregnancy is a FET. I had to stop BFing before we could do the FET, and as I didn't want to stop before DS was ready, I just waited till he self-weaned at 16 months. Although originally I wanted to go back to the clinic before then, I'm glad we waited till he self-weaned because it was easier on both me & him, plus there will be 2.5 years between DS & this baby which suits me perfectly now. Any younger personally, I would have found harder.

I don't think I would have felt comfortable BFing through any fertility treatment, all the hormones being pumped into your body, who knows what harm that could do to your baby? I think that's the reason my clinic wanted me to stop BF.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Hi Flake,

Thanks for your reply :) I am hoping that my DS will wean before we go through treatment. I don't plan on BF while on the drugs as I felt like shit on it before! We are planing to do our cycle Sep/Oct next year, so I am hoping DS is off the boob by then :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->