breastfeeding loses weight?

you do lose weight, I did. But I wouldn't call losing weight with bf'ing "being in shape", to be in shape you gotta exercise ;)

I lost most of my pregnancy weight gain in the few weeks after giving birth after having my second baby, who is breastfed. I carried on losing weight slowly and steadily after that but didn't really feel (or feel like I looked) very different until suddenly at 9 months PP without losing a huge amount more weight, I suddenly looked like I'd dropped 2 dress sizes. So it may be slow and steady or it may be all very quick, and sometimes your body doesn't look like you're losing the weight until it's been gone for a while (I guess it takes time to tone up again), but I got there in the end. Compare that to my first baby who was FF - I didn't lose anything other than the initial baby/placenta/water and was still the same when I got pregnant with my second. BF my second baby helped me lose the weight from both pregnancies.

I have actually gained quite a bit if weight whilst breast feeding (and eating reasonably well), so either I am an anomaly or it's a myth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->