Breastfeeding Mom's TTC

So tomorrow is my Dr appt... she has to give me a request for bloodwork and then I can get my results online the next day. We are almost weaned I think. I was mostly nursing during the middle of the night if she woke and she has been sleeping through. Still haven't noticed any ewcm.

Well one of my results is in - she did an hcg test to rule out pregnancy and yup, not pregnant. So waiting until the morning for my thyroid and prolactin tests come back. She said if all my values are normal we have to go to the "next phase" of finding out why I don't have a period. Not sure what that would mean!

Well thyroid was normal. Prolactin is pretty low, 11. I don't think that should be inhibiting ovulation :/ I guess we're onto the "next phase".

Hmm well I guess it must not be breastfeeding causing your lack of periods...
I hope you get answers with the "next phase". Your Dr sounds helpful though!

Thinking about trying that fertilitea now that we've weaned... any updates for you this month wnt2be?

I started taking an omega 3,6,9 supplement on CD1 of this cycle. I hope it'll help my hormones and with ewcm. Im on CD 13 today and having a lot of ovulation cramps but no positive opk yet. We're definitely trying this cycle, but my post cycles have had 9 day lp length. So I am worried about a chemical or miscarriage.
We will just see.
My son is nursing still morning, afternoon (latched his whole nap) and before bed.
He just cut another molar so I did let him nurse in the night last week. He needed lots of consoling :(

I would try not to worry about your LP... but B6 does help if you can get more of that in your diet or a supplement. 9 days is just on the brink of being long enough too. I was looking after my nephew for 2 days and it made me want a third pretty badly! And a boy too. Ugh what's wrong with me!!

Boys are fun :) I'm totally a boy mom. I wouldn't know what to do with a girl lol

I've never wanted boys before! I was relieved both times we found out we were having a girl. I grew up in a house of all girls so I know the ropes. Boys are foreign creatures to me!! But it felt totally different with my nephew. And my oldest who is adamant she only wants sisters told me a brother would be ok now :). So, if you could choose your next baby, boy or girl??

Oh! And I had the slightest hint of ewcm today, I think. It was still a bit cloudy but really stretchy. I have a few random temps recorded for the past few weeks so I'll try and temp the next few days to see if I get a jump at all.

I always have said I want one of each. I even said I wanted a boy first so the girl would have a protective older brother (because I didn't lol) But lately I keep noticing families with two boys and I think it's so cute seeing brothers like that. So I don't think I really care now.
A couple reasons I would love a girl though are. I really don't want to go through circumsizing a boy again. My husband wanted our son done :( to be like him...stupid I know...but he would not budge.
I also think girl clothes are so cute!! But I totally won't be the mom who has a bow or headband on her head "every" day lol

Two boys would actually be new territory for both my husband and I as he grew up with sisters and I had one brother who also grew up with sisters. I wonder what troubles boys get into when there's two...guys need women around....
So now I've just talked myself into pretty much saying I want a girl lol

I just took my temp this morning since I've now run out of opks. Hopefully I catch the raise too, but I had really strong O pains last night so maybe I won't see a jump if today is 1dpo. DH was too tired after work to dtd though :(
I don't want to pressure or make this stressful. So there may be no baby this month..

Oh bummer! No raise this morning for me at all. Do you usually feel O pains? I feel weird twinges all through the month and could never peg them down as o pains. I have bad digestion so most of the time I'm sure it's GI related. And now of course I'm like, O pains! I'm sure! Then no period so, nope not O pains haha!! I would be so happy if I actually ovulated!

Fingers crossed for you!!
Yes, I don't remember having them this intense when TTC with my son though. I almost have a fear I have fibroids or something...but I'm a hypochondriac...
No temp rise for me either. My DH took my DS for a "father-son" weekend so I haven't nursed since 8am yesterday and I'm feeling the o pains back again. So I don't think I have ovulated yet this month. I'm gonna try to keep temping. It is more reliable than opks I think..

Yeah me too. I have 4 days in a row now so I'll keep doing it, especially because my kids are both sttn the majority of the time. My dr called me back in for a follow up on my tests, guessing she'll order some more tests??

Had a temp rise this morning! Went from 36.35C to 35.65C! I didn't get my reading yesterday though! Also, today's reading is earlier in the morning than the previous temps. And I don't have a lot of temps to compare it to. I'll just keep taking them and see I guess.

That's good!! Hopefully they keep up. Mine are up too but not much so I don't think I ovulated. Did you guys dtd at all?

Haven't had much chance. Last did it on the 12th! Lol.
I thought I was going to O on the 13th or 14th. Used my last opk on the 12th and it looked pretty close to positive but now weird I didn't get a temp rise until the 20th. Hard to tell though since I didn't start taking my temps until the 15th.
So if I did O on 13 or 14th I wouldn't have a low temp to compare to. So silly :(
I'm just in limbo it feels. I'm visiting family for a few days so didn't bring my thermometer so can't keep track anyway.
I'm looking forward to your updates always though!!

Temperature was really high yesterday morning. 36.88C.
Then this morning dropped to 36.71. I think I'm 10dpo and some brown spotting started yesterday. So I think AF might be coming. But I'm excited as this is a longer lp so far!
Of course I have a little hope in my head that I could be pregnant, but don't want to get my hopes up...
Maybe I just don't have the right O date, since I ran out of opks :(
I've been pretty tired and feel a little nauseous today. But maybe it's in my head...

I got a faint line on a IC test!!!

Feeling a bit nauseous. Temp went down more to 36.65 and I have some brown spotting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->