breastfeeding myths and cerazette

lankeichitap

Reaction score
Hi im new to this forum I apologize for this will be long (and to my hbc but im trying to research and read alot) so please be good to me . ☺
So here's the thing my gp prescribed me cerazette because im still bfing my 7mos old son and I really do have a high sex drive. Can anybody tell me (1.)how true is that when you are breastfeeding it is already one form of contraception (not purely but somewhat) because I asked my gp about it and she said don't worry your breastfeeding right plus your on cerazette. (2.) How effective cerazette is mostly when I google it up I only find bad side effects and several I got pregnant on it stories (due to missed pills etc.) (3.) How safe am I on it? Cause after giving birth to my son here's my story I got long post preg bleed then stopped I got my regular period 1st week of October 2013 until December I got an abnormal bleeding all month of January 2014 due to endometrial polyps then gp d&c me Feb 3 I took my first pill Feb 4 2014 (together with antibs which stopped Feb 10 2014) bcos gp and nurses said itll be my day 1 I had several spotting which stopped Feb 7 2014 I got back to my gp Feb 10 2014 and she put me on vaginal suppositories for 5 nights then on Feb 13 2014 I got bleeding (dont know if it is my period already and it lasted for a week like a normal period) (note I have been taking my pills really meticulously same time everyday no stop no missed no puking no diarrhea) then March 2, 9, 16 and today 23. All were condomless sex and husband finishes inside of me. Anyways I'm nearly finishing my second pack and this month I got no bleeding or whatsoever if my period is Feb 13 then I am already past due this month but then I already took 5 pregnancy tests and all came out negative 1 before my due 1 a day after my due 1 5 days after due 1 then 1 a week after my due then on 21st. So is it the pill stopping my period? I don't have any pg symptoms. I really dont want another one as of now so thinking about pg makes me go no-no and I really wanted to go back studying so I could find better work so I could help hubby to save money for our babys future. Thank you very much in advancd ladies sorry for the long disturbing post 😢

Cerazette is the mini pill yes? I think in some women it can stop your periods, for me it had the opposite effect, made me bleed all the time :( But yes I think it could be the cerazette stopping your period.

Bfing is somewhat of a contraceptive but its not 100%, it's best early on and you need to be ebf for it to be most effective. It varies from woman to woman though, some women find their periods return very quickly after birth even though they're ebf. Others find they don't return for months and months even for 12 or 18 months even when the baby is eating food and is not breastfeeding much at all. Some women have to stop bfing altogether in order to conceive another baby, others don't.

But you have 2 forms of contraception there. The mini pill is very effective when taken at the same time every day. Plus you have some protection from the bfing - maybe. Just watch antibiotics, they can interfere with the pill.

You have 5 negative pts. You have the mini pill. You're not pregnant lol! And you're v unlikely to get pregnant if you take the mini pill carefully at the same time each day x

Thank you irish. I think I'm just too paranoid. ��
Esp I'm going back to studying this year and don't want to make another one unless 1st Bubba is already studying �� thanks again! ☺

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->