• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Breastfeeding only social groups

tublet

Reaction score
A local mum has set up a Facebook group for fortnightly coffee mornings with baby, I thought I would go along but have accepted into the group to find she keeps repeatedly posting negative things regarding formula, would you still go? Do you think this a breastfeeding only social group (although the idea sounds ridiculous!? I meet mums although the time at groups and no one cares what each other does!)

Is it just a generic group? I'd go anyway, but thats just me. Formula may not be her choice but she needs to be openminded if shes gonna arrange these kinda things!

It's a generic local group, I just don't want to be looked down at!

She may just be a bit of a keyboard warrior and wouldn't actually say any of those things in person; it's all about creating personas when you're online! Unless it says on the name/description that it's a BF-only group, then I wouldn't worry yourself :)

And if anyone does say anything negative in person then they're not the sort of people you'd want to associate with anyway; as they would then sound like the sort of people who would put other people down to make themselves feel better (Note: asking questions about why you FF/how you FF is not the same as putting people down - as I asked questions when I was BF and others were FF as I didn't understand, and I wanted to be well-informed for when our rocky BF relationship came to an end since I couldn't get a word out of the HV's of when would be the 'right' time to stop, as I couldn't admit to anyone else I was struggling as it almost felt embarrassing to not be doing the most 'natural' thing correctly!) :flow:

The majority of BF mum's aren't 'lactivists' or out to slate FF mums, honestly :flower: And if someone is nasty in person, then it says more about them than it does about you :thumbup: xx

Thank you! Never known a divide in real life only online!

As I have said all my friends including myself tried bf but for many reasons some us still do and others don't ��

I'm going will see how I get on!

You should go, you've got nothing to be ashamed of and you probably won't be the only one . If the lady running the group makes a negative comment, don't be afraid to educate her on why some of us ff.

No mum should judge another's feeding choices as they've no idea what they've been through. I still feel like I need to justify to strangers why I'm combi feeding even though I know it's ridiculous. I've worked really hard to get breastmilk into my LO for the past 12 weeks but I know that journey is coming to an end (he fights me through most feeds now). We're all doing the best for our little ones and I'd unleash a major rant on anyone who dared make me feel guilty about using formula.

I bf, and think it is wholly inappropriate for her to be making comments like that if it isn't only designed for bfing mums, and she should state that it is if it is. No one should judge anyone on how they feed, I never understand why people do! I'd go along if I were you as she will just look arrogant and foolish if she says anything. I'm sure the other attendees won't be as daft!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->