Breastfeeding pillow?

avacadomom

Reaction score
Hi,

I am currently 38 wks pregnant and I am trying to get ready for breastfeeding. Some have suggested getting a breastfeeding pillow. Since this is my first time, I don't really know which one to get or whether it's really necessary at all. Please share what you know. Thank you very much!

i brought a traingle shape pillow for a fiver much cheaper and does same job xx

i bought one but never used it. I used pillows off the bed, does the same job

I bought the dreami pillow thing for when i was pregnant that you could use for breastfeeding afterwards but i have never used it, i don't use any pillows when i feed my LO.

I got the mothercare one.It cost £20 and the shape is perfect.I couldn't breast feed without a cushion for support.Makes it so much easier x

I don't use a pillow for breastfeeding either. Except when I was trying the "rugby ball hold" I used a cushion from the settee for the baby to sit on.

I don't use a pillow for breastfeeding either. Except when I was trying the "rugby ball hold" I used a cushion from the settee for the baby to sit on.

Me too, cept I find that the armrests on the couch are the perfect height for when i'm side feeding.

OMG yes I love mine.

I have 3:blush: (one for home, and one for office and one for granny's.)

I have the Boppy and I love it. Now that Bren is getting bigger, I use it to prop him up for sleep (damn reflux) and to help him sit up a bit on his own, with me right there of course.

I bought one but ive hardly used it, I find the biggest pillow off of my bed is just as good :)

A boppy is my brand of choice... or one shaped like it...
:baby:
https://shopboppy.com/shop/images/cat_Cabana-Stripe.jpg

I have a Widgey... but I've not really used it yet. I tend to use the sofa cushions when downstairs... or lie down on the bed when upstairs :)

I HATED the boppy at the beginning (Starting to be ok now at 4 months), but I LOVED the My Brest Friend (yes, it's spelled right) pillow. It straps on, so it doesnt scootch out like the Boppy, AND it has a little pocket to hold a phone, remote, etc. It's the best!

A boppy is my brand of choice... or one shaped like it...
:baby:
https://shopboppy.com/shop/images/cat_Cabana-Stripe.jpg

Ditto, I love my Boppy too. They serve for other purposes too. When Peyton is not feeding, I prop him up on it when we are lounging on the couch. It works for great support.

I have a loaner, but next time, I'm buying one the minute I get a positive test! :lol: It's a superb means for pelvic relief, and I love using it for support when lounging (both for me and my LO)
I bring it with me everywhere, if going away for more then three hours and have to bf while away.

I have this kind, only used, so not so "full": https://www.babyplaneten.no/shop123varer/bilder/image_659.jpg

Highly recommendable in any case! My advice is to look (and feel) a few different types, and then decide. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->