Breastfeeding question

Layla

Reaction score
Sorry if this is not in the right place, didnt know where else to put it really..

To all the breast feeders!

I have heard that you shouldnt wear under wire bras in pregnancy if you want to breast feed, is that right?
I really want to make a go of it this time so want to maximise my chances

xx

I've been told the same by MW and bra fitters at the likes of mothercare and other stores ...

Affects the milk ducts or something??

xxx

I have been told this but I have also read that if you wear a proper fiting bra that sits on your chest not the breast tissue this is okay. i actually wore underwires through my pregnancy an am waering them now whilst feeding with no probs.

I did the same - I did have maternity bras and hated them, so always wore wires. I did wear non wired bras in the early feeding months and they felt more supportive to me but went back to wires. The issue is that they can cause your milk ducts to get blocked and you could end up with mastitis or worse. Like Lynnie says make sure the wire is against your chest, not trapping any breast tissue and make sure it is well fitted.

thanks for the advice guys :)

I will go and get measured to make sure i get the right fit

x

*******s, now you tell me! I've been wearing poxy nursing bras for 2 years!!

Hi Layla,

Yeah I agree - it's more about a poorly fitting underwired bra that you need to watch out for. My colleague at work has just been off with Mastitis even though she has never had a child and she said her Dr recommended her to check her underwear as this was probably the cause.

hi layla ive breastfed twice and worn underwired bras

spunky xx

I bought myself a pretty underwired non nursing bra and it's horrible!! I much prefer unclipping my boob out that lifting it over the top of the cup or pulling it up, I'm too used to comfort lol

I think allot depends on the woman herself. I don't care if I tie down my boobs for 9 months, I am a fountain of milk. lol

I bought myself a pretty underwired non nursing bra and it's horrible!! I much prefer unclipping my boob out that lifting it over the top of the cup or pulling it up, I'm too used to comfort lol

I only started wearing underwired when Seren was about 6-7 months when her feeding was more spced out. I couldn't have put up with all the faff in the early months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->