breastfeeding toddler but really want to start ttc number 2

pachamama92

Reaction score
To those of you who breastfeed 2 children at once...
How hard is it really?! I bf my 18 month old about 3 times a day and about twice- 3 times during the night.
What were your experiences feeding a toddler and a newborn?!
I also bedshare and the thought of being pregnant and fighting my toddler for bed-space sounds a bit daunting.
Should we just go for it or wait until LO is out our bed and off the boob??:wacko::wacko:

We were NTNP and conceived while I was (and still am, 5 months pregnant) nursing my baby (he's now 17 months).

We left it in God's hands. We made an oath not to ever "TTC", just make love and know that whatever happens, happens for a reason.

It's definitely possible to conceive while nursing, just don't forget to love each other :thumbup:

(I believe that is the best way to make babies)

We still bed share as well, and DS is always nursed to sleep for naps and bed time.. I'm just going with my instincts and having faith that he will become more independent in the next 4-5 months.. I don't want to force it.

We were NTNP and conceived while I was (and still am, 5 months pregnant) nursing my baby (he's now 17 months).

We left it in God's hands. We made an oath not to ever "TTC", just make love and know that whatever happens, happens for a reason.

It's definitely possible to conceive while nursing, just don't forget to love each other :thumbup:

(I believe that is the best way to make babies)

Are you serious? What an insensitive and unnecessary thing to say. I've never had fertility problems and even I was offended. Go take a look in the long-term TTC forum and I suspect you'll find many many people who deeply love their partners but still struggle to get pregnant. Based on your other posts I'm actually pretty surprised to see you giving out relationship advice.

OP - I can't answer your question from personal experience but I do have a friend who's currently nursing her 2-year-old and her newborn and she told me it wasn't so bad. I believe she's actually cosleeping with both of them at the moment but is working on getting her older child into his own bed. She's been lucky to have a really easygoing newborn though, I'm not sure how it would work with a more demanding baby.

I have seen the TTC forums, I was not trying to be insensitive AT ALL. I'm just telling her when she is wanting to conceive, to not forget to love each other because it can be lost in the world of LTTTC. Trust me, I know of many people who are close to me who have been trying for years, and I would never say anything to purposely hurt anybody's feelings.

I know TTC can turn into a "job", and I'm not doubting TTC couples do not LOVE each other - I did NOT say that, I just mean.. make love and don't make it a job.

Please do not assume that I mean something I do not :thumbup:

I have seen the TTC forums, I was not trying to be insensitive AT ALL. I'm just telling her when she is wanting to conceive, to not forget to love each other because it can be lost in the world of LTTTC. Trust me, I know of many people who are close to me who have been trying for years, and I would never say anything to purposely hurt anybody's feelings.

I know TTC can turn into a "job", and I'm not doubting TTC couples do not LOVE each other - I did NOT say that, I just mean.. make love and don't make it a job.

Please do not assume that I mean something I do not :thumbup:

I don't think she was asking for advice about TTC though. She wanted to know what it was like to breastfeed a newborn and a toddler. :shrug:

I misread or mixed it up with a different thread; sorry for giving advice that wasn't asked for OP!

Based on your other posts I'm actually pretty surprised to see you giving out relationship advice.

I think this is probably meaner than anything she said. :wacko: And I'm a total bitch, so you know it's probably mean if I think it's mean.

I'm not blind to the problems in my relationship, and we are on our 2nd baby in 3 years so obviously I know a little about making them :winkwink:

I didn't see any need for any negativity in this thread, she can disregard my advice and I will not be offended.

As for the topic that I seemed to have misread :blush:

I am wondering the same, OP - supposedly the milk is supposed to turn back into colostrum, either our toddler's will like it or not like it.. 21 weeks so far and mine has not changed, although my supply has majorly increased and it doesn't look like DS is weaning any time soon.

I guess we'll see what happens! During the beginning, I'm hoping that DS will nurse most of the oversupply and foremilk so baby can get the hindmilk - and then I wouldn't have to buy a pump :haha:

I think most of us know how easy it is to go off-track, especially when you are replying to multiple threads in multiple different sections of the forum. I must have assumed I read this by reading the title (which has more to do with TTC).

Either way, advice can always be looked over if not wanted.. I wasn't forcing it down anybody's throat.

Good luck in your journey OP :flow:

Anyhoo
I fell pg nursing my 27month old but stopped offering as it hurt too much I dried up pretty quickly

I intend to offer dh when my milk comes in with my nb as I intended to tandem feed

We also bed share and will be adding a single bed next to the big bed to accommodate everyone.

Ds sleeps better by us we only recently moved him to our bed coa it was just too hard getting ip for him all the time

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->