Breastfeeding while pregnant

liz0012

Reaction score
I just found out I'm 5 weeks pregnant and my baby is 6 months. I only breastfeed and I did not kniw your supply goes down. How fast does it go down? I'm worried about this but I have produced a crazy amount if milk since she's born n have 6 months worth frozen already but ibwantvto nurse her. Can anyone help me with this. I feel guilty that I'm pregnant n might not be able to feed my baby:(

Not everyone loses their supply when they get pregnant. My twin sister got pregnant when her dd was a few months old and she fed throughout her pregnancy and tandem fed too! There are tons of women who bf while pregnant so hopefully someone has more advice.

My supply went down starting around the end of second tri, but my lo is much older than yours so obviously not depending on bfing to actually survive and not eating as much so that might have something to do with it.

There is a sticky at the top that might have more information about bfing while pregnant. I know that there are things that people can do to increase supply, but I am not sure if they work when pregnancy is the reason for a supply loss.

Even if your supply goes down, you can still feed from the freezer and still offer boobies for comfort. Even though my supply went down, my lo still nurses, especially if she feels under the weather.

Good luck and congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->