Breech @ 29 weeks

CoralInGold

Reaction score
Yep, my naughty little monkey is breech, as I thought :baby:

Genuinely worried they won't turn, It doesn't seem like there's enough space in their any more, I understand it happens gradually but it still seems unlikely with such little space?

Has anyone has any experience with baby eventually turning head down?

If I get to 36 weeks & baby is still breech there are talks of an EVC which I've heard is very painful :nope:

Also would really like to give birth naturally & I understand a ceserean will be in order if baby is super comfortable.

My LO was breach at 28 and 30 weeks, both my MW and consultant said it wasn't an issue as it was still so early. S/he is head down now. LO still has lots of space, even though it doesn't feel like it, so don't panic!

I was breech at 28 weeks by my 31 week appointment he/she had turned. There is still loads of space for them to turn.

My LO was breach at 28 and 30 weeks, both my MW and consultant said it wasn't an issue as it was still so early. S/he is head down now. LO still has lots of space, even though it doesn't feel like it, so don't panic!

Did you know when they had turned?

Did you know when they had turned?

No, I couldn't feel it. I know when babies turn further on people say they can feel it, but I was only about 31 weeks so I guess it wasn't such a big move.

I was breech at 28 weeks waiting for my 31 week appointment to see if she has turned but midwife said not to worry as she still has plenty of time to turn around :thumbup:

Breech here at 34 and 36 weeks - scan at 37+2 showed baby head down and was even engaged. I understand the worry totally but plenty of time for you hun.

My second pregnancy, baby was breech from our 14 week scan - I was scanned 4 weekly and not once did she turn - I had a c-section at 36+4

Third pregnancy (now) baby has been breech since our 19 week scan - i'm scanned 2 weekly and again she hasn't turned once. She's still breech now at 31 weeks, people keep telling me 'there is still time, she will turn' However, given my previous experience i'm not optimistic that she will turn and i'm booked in for a c-section anyway.

28 weeks - breech with legs folded under bum
30 weeks - transverse
31 weeks - head down
32 weeks - breech with bum down and legs straight up

Not sure what position we are in at the moment but feels suspiciously like transverse again!

Babies move lots and often don't settle into a position until 36 weeks + so there's no need to worry yet :)

I just wanted to say an ECV is not at all painful. It's just a weird slightly uncomfortable pressure and your tummy is a bit sore after for a day. I had it done at 40 weeks exactly. It took 2 mins and was not painful :)

My twins have been breech and transverse since 20 weeks, nither has budged and I've been scanned every few weeks, lazy boys!
Consultant still says baby 1 might turn head down for a natural delivery but I'm very much doubting it! Midwife is also very unhopeful. There's no more room in there! C section for me most likely.

Luckily you have plenty of time for your one baby to turn 👍 good luck xxx

This one was breech until i was 33 weeks so don't panic yet!

This is my 2nd baby and she has been breech from 30 weeks and she is still breech at 35 weeks confirmed last night at consultant appt. We were planning to have c section anyways due to horrible experience with last delivery but with baby being breech and doctor not confident she will turn we got out section booked for the 23rd of Sept. I felt like she did try to turn a couple days ago, I felt these really violent movements lasting like 10 seconds and I felt really ill afterwards. Hopefully bubs does what he/she is supposed to do and turns for you!

My first was breech and wouldn't turn, so I had a c section. We did try an ECV, and it was not painful for me, so don't get too nervous about that. This one has been mostly breech, but was head down a week ago. Now, though, I think I feel her head up high again.

I think it's actually really common for them to be breech through 30 weeks. My son was breech at 28 weeks and then had flipped by 32. At 26 weeks, my little girl is still breech. I'm not expecting her to turn until around 32 weeks or later like my son.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->