Breech at 33 weeks?

hellojello25

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

I had a growth ultrasound on Monday and found out that my baby is in breech position, which I kind of already knew because I can feel his head under my ribs. I'm 33 weeks tomorrow and he definitely hasn't flipped yet. Internet searching throws out the statistic that only 5% of babies are breech at 33 weeks, then 3-4% are still breech at 37-40 weeks.

Another thing to consider is that he's measuring at 36 weeks (which makes sense since his brother was huge and our families have big babies), so idk how much room he has to flip around. They did say that my amniotic fluid levels look really good though.

Has anyone here had a breech baby this late in the game and had them flip around?

Mine was breech at 31weeks, oblique at 34weeks and now is head down at 36weeks, I hope he moves for you.

Mine was breech then transverse position at 32 weeks then by my 34 week appointment he was head down and stayed that way. A lot of babies do this and some don't turn round til labour apparently!! Monkeys! X

Baby was still breech at 34+5 weeks. I have a scan this morning at 36+6 to see if she’s still breech. I have my fingers crossed she’s not because I reeeeaaaalllyyyy don’t want a section!

Not me but I remember someone going in for a section due to breech the baby had turned so she was sent home! It definitely can still happen. Fingers crossed for you!

I heard success of putting ice on your belly at the top of your stomach and the baby will turn away from it.

Thanks ladies! He's still breech as of this morning (head is def still in my ribs lol), but hopefully he'll turn soon! I'm going to try some at-home things to help him along, as I don't really want to do ECV if it comes to it. Still waiting for my ultrasound to be scheduled. I think it should be the week of either July 16 or July 23. I'm hoping the latter because my fiancé will be away the week of the 16th.

Mama - let us know how it goes! Fingers crossed for you!

Mine’s been off and on breech since 30 weeks and I have an ultrasound in a few hours to see if they’ve turned. If not, eek. I will start stressing!

Thanks ladies! He's still breech as of this morning (head is def still in my ribs lol), but hopefully he'll turn soon! I'm going to try some at-home things to help him along, as I don't really want to do ECV if it comes to it. Still waiting for my ultrasound to be scheduled. I think it should be the week of either July 16 or July 23. I'm hoping the latter because my fiancé will be away the week of the 16th.

Mama - let us know how it goes! Fingers crossed for you!

Great news! She's turned and is head down, ready to go!
I was told it's actually more common than people think to have baby breech upto 37 weeks, and midwives etc don't worry until then for that reason.
Fingers crossed your little monkey turns for you!

My two oldest boys were breech until birth! One flipped on the way to the hospital and one the day before birth! You definitely have time! Good luck!

I still have a breech baby now at 36+1. She has never been head down, always flipped between transverse and breech :dohh: I have another app on Thursday to see if she’s still breech then will decide what to do from there.

You still have a good amount of time for him to move so fingers crossed!! :D

Thanks everyone! It's really reassuring to hear all these stories about the baby flipping later!

I don't think I'd be so worried except for the fact that he's gigantic. His measurements from my ultrasound a week ago put him at 3 weeks ahead. I mean, we knew he was going to be big since my first came out at almost 10 pounds, but I'm just worried that he doesn't have much room to flip. His head is still in my ribs as of now lmao it's such a strange feeling.

The ultrasound tech did say I had good amniotic fluid levels, which helps them to flip, so I've got that going for me lol.

Fluid levels are important!! I hope he flips soon for you :) head in the ribs can’t be comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->