Breech baby 34 weeks :(

tashalouiseb

Reaction score
I am currently 34 + 3 , My baby is still breech :( Anyone else have a breech baby at this stage? Did they turn & if so when? Any tips for turning breech baby? I swim 4 times a week, but doesnt seem to be budging him!! lol.. I have a growth scan on the 5th june so will be confirmed then if he is still breech and i will be booked for a section, which i really do not want :( !! Any advice appreciated! :hugs:

I've friends and family who swear by acupuncture for spinning a baby

Still there, myself!

I'll be honest, I was told NOT to do any spinningbabies.com techniques because of previous complications, but my OB/GYN DID say to try a super cold compress on the top of the bump (mine's RIGHT under my boobs) and a warm compress right on my pubic bone. The theory is the baby's head will get cold and he/she will shift positions to escape that cold sensation, and upon feeling the extra warmth on the feet, will turn/attempt to turn their heads downward toward the warmth.

I haven't tried it yet (been a LOT going on and I forgot, to be honest, but being as I'm 35wks today, I AM going to try it...doc's already talking c-section if she won't flip, so I'm running out of time!

Hope this helps, sorry I can't give a success story (yet) but just what was suggested to me. If your doctor says it's alright, MANY women have had great success with www.spinningbabies.com and their breech tilt techniques!

When I was pregnant with my daughter she was breech at 34 weeks. By 36 weeks she had turned and was 2/5 engaged! I know exactly when she turned as it was really uncomfortable! She was then born at 41+2 completely naturally with no complications!

Beca :wave:

Estel- your post has given me hope!! Hope my little man turns, really do not want a section :( && MImom im quite reluctant to try an of them incase my baby is breech for a reason!! i have looked at the site though! I will try the hot/cold technique as that cant do any harm cant it? just make him abit cold ! lol keep me updated after you have tried it :) Yea they have also mentioned section to me :( Not good! 5 weeks 4 days to turn... get moving baby!!!!! lol x

Mine turned on her own around week 35 after being breech the whole pregnancy - you still have plenty of time! :)

Baby was still breech at my growth scan last week at 33+4. I will be induced at 38 weeks so I'm hoping he turns by then. A c-section had never crossed my mind as the other two were head down by now and had been for weeks. I am getting nervous!

I'm now 39 weeks with a baby who has been breech since at least 25 weeks. My hospital wanted to do a caesarean on Wednesday but I've said no and have sought out a hospital that will allow me to have a vaginal delivery. Breech doesn't have to mean c section but you may have to jump through some hoops to achieve it if that's your desire.

I started spinning babies techniques from around 32 weeks and did pretty much everything but head stands. I had Websters technique done by a chiropractor three times over a week. At 36 weeks they scheduled me an ECV for 37+5 but we decided against it deciding that if baby wasn't turning with gentle methods there might be a reason for being breech and we didn't want to force it.

Other methods with reported success are acupuncture/moxibustion, Reflexology (might have to wait til 37 weeks for that one), Hypnotherapy, and there's a homeopathic remedy called pulsatilla that's supposed to help turn breech babies too. I've just started taking it.

The most important thing you can do though is keep your knees lower than your hips and sit forward rather than reclining.

Good luck I hope your baby turns. Remember less than 4% of babies are breech at term so odds are in your favour.

With my first, she stayed breech until the manually turned her at 36 weeks :) it hurt me but she was fine and her heart rate stayed good and I delivered her healthy self, vaginally, at 40 week 3 days :)

My sil gave birth 6 weeks ago, he was breech until 40 weeks, she had him at 42 weeks. As a pp said though, you don't have to have a c section for a breech baby. I know countless women who have vaginsl my birthed a breech baby, some even said it was easier than head down!!

DS was head down at 39w5d, went for my first post due date ultrasound at 40w2d and he was breech! The little monkey must have turned around while I was sleeping (you'd think I would feel a 9 lb baby make a move like that!).

Anyway, I ended up with a planned CS, but just goes to show you that you still have time for baby to flip.

That's scares me!! ^^ lol! My baby has been head down the entire time. I would be just my luck that she turn on me now haha!

Have hope !!
I went to my OBGYN about 2 weeks ago at 35 weeks and she was breech, this past week she has turned :) There's still time..
Hope baby turns<3

My son was breech from my 28 wk scan right up until c section. My section was planned for monday and had all the forms completed and bloods done on the Friday before - I went into labour on sat morning (2 days before planned c section) anyway it all went fine and had a healthy baby. I tried to turn him myself with different techniques but nothing worked - I didn't want dr to try to turn him as heard its painful and not always successful - and also was afraid I'd hurt baby or cord would get wrapped around him so left it to Mother Nature :)

Well heres to hoping he turns in the next few week!! REALLY didn't want a section!! But as long as my baby is healthy then im happy :) Thanks for all your replies ladies!x

Baby is still breech at 34&5. I have a scheduled induction date of 6/27 whether it be via c-section or vaginal unless I develop pre-e before then. Come on baby boy!!

I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow and my lil guy has been breech for as long as I know.

I found out at about 32 weeks and have been doing everything I can to flip him ever since. Every position on spinningbabies.com, cold pack, heat, flashlight, swimming, chiropractor, etc... He is still breech.

I am just now starting to accept that he is not going to flip. C-section scheduled for June 18th. :sad:

My first was breech until 36 weeks

I'm now pregnant with twins and one of them keeps flipping, I think he finally settled head down last week but he was head up the week before, it's amazing how much they can move with how little room.

Mine was breech at 22 weeks and is still breech at 31. I am not agreeing to have her turned around manually as risk of bleeding and I am rhesus negative. Have a scan on Wednesday and will see what they say at the hospital. Will I need another growth scan at 36 weeks to see if she has turned around??

My girl is breech still at 35 weeks. Hoping that she will turn by herself but may consider an ECV after taking some advice off my midwife next Monday. I'm a good candidate for it working and I have read up on the consultant at my hospital.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->