Breech presentation any advice please x

losingtheplot

Reaction score
Hi ladies I had a scan yesterday and was told my baby is breech, anybody else had this ans baby turned by themselves or did the doctor try And turn the baby and what was it like? All mine have been head down at 20 weeks so feel a bit nervous thank you x x x

You still have tons of time for baby to turn, mine didn't turn until 37 weeks now head down and engaged :)

No advice Hun, but my first was always head down from 20 week scan and this time she was breach and still is I think. I'll find out in a few weeks as I'll be having a growth scan. Hopefully baby will turn. I hear hy can turn up to a few weeks before Edd xxx

Yep you've got loads of time. They won't even do a presentation scan until maybe 36 weeks of they suspect baby is still breech x

My baby was breech at 28 weeks too, I have a scan in a couple of weeks again and hopefully she'll have turned, but no one seems worried, plenty of time yet!

Mine turned on her own around week 34-35 before getting into position. You still have plenty of time! :)

I'm in the same boat. MW thinks baby is breech - never had that before with my other 2. Sure there's loads of time yet but REALLY want to avoid c-sec so will be doing the exercises to try to encourage baby to turn. Midwife mentioned ECV to me, but she said that they wont book/discuss it with me until I've had my growth scan at 34 weeks. If baby is still breech then, consultant (whom I'm seeing anyway due to my thyroid and previous big babies) will go from there.

Try not to worry, mine turned on his own between 38 and 39 weeks. You've got loads of time, good luck. x

Mine was breech around 28 wks too, but turned sometime before 34 wks. So you have got time!

Spinning Babies is a website that gives you tips on how to help your baby if its in an odd position, hope it helps :flower:

x

You have plenty of time, the midwife won't be worried until you get to 36 weeks, if baby is still in suspected breech then they will do a scan to double check.

If in breech you will be offered an ecv to try turn the baby, you can decided to do it or wait & see if baby turns by themselves.

My baby was head down until 30 weeks and has never been in breech position (I know this from scans and movement). My baby is now breech after flipping late on and my midwife has decided to keep more of a closer eye on me. Some midwives don't bother until 36 weeks.

I would refuse an ECV so either she turns by herself - or exits via the sun roof.

^^ can I ask why you would refuse the turning procedure I know nothing about it and curious! Thanks so much ladies I will try And relax ! We have a home birth planned and I so want it but best laid plans and all that <3. X x

This is my 3rd baby, and he was head down at 34 weeks, but then at 36 weeks breech, so I was scheduled yesterday for ECV to try and turn him, and when we arrived at the hospital to do the procedure, he had turned back head down, so hopefully he stays. I will be 37 weeks tomorrow. :)

A few reasons really, I don't want any added risk placed upon her like placental abruption. I know how distressed she gets when she's wriggled and poked about and I think ECV would cause her upset. But mainly there's a reason for her being bum down, I might not know why yet & might not ever know but if she's in the 4% of babies who stay bum down at birth then that's how she needs to be (96% of babies breech at 30-32wks are head down at birth).

The doctors can be very persistent Sue with an ECV, def hold your ground if it comes to the point that they offer it to you!

To the OP, here is a video of an ecv, don't let the chirpy music fool you into thinking it is not uncomfortable lol! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AM6wDwTjmc

I had one last week that was unsuccessful, mainly uncomfortable & quite painful when they got his head under my ribs. Am booked in for a section next week & just had my 38 week appt & he is still looking like he is in breech. Ah well, there must be a reason for it that I don't know about yet!

Hoping yours turns naturally :)

I too believe that some babies are breech for a reason - no idea why either! My DS was breech from about 28 weeks. This one moves around more, but the majority of the time is in the upper half of my uterus - the bottom half of my stomach is just soft and empty! Will be interesting to see what happens over the next few weeks x

Thanks again ladies I must say I am nearly 30 weeks and I am having the most comfortable pregnancy so far ! Fingers crossed for au natural then! X x

Shit had to stop watching the video !! Creeps me out that's a baby he is grabbing! Hope it is not painful for the baby :( x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->