Bridesmaid? More like the blob that ate the wedding!

GingerPanda

1DD LTTCRPL + NTNP#2
Reaction score
I'm to be a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding on July 25th. When she first got engaged at the end of 2012, I was super excited. But now it's about two years and two miscarriages later, and I've gained 30 lbs! It really is one of those "I wish I was still as fat as I was the first time I thought I was fat" moments!

It really doesn't help that we got no say or input in the dresses we were going to wear. We just had to go tell them what size we needed, suck it up, and fork out the $200 for dress and shoes. Which is a shame, because the dresses are horrible. They're hot pink, and they make me look like a giant blob of Pepto-Bismol. (I guess you could say they're "Pepto-Abismal". *badum tsh*)

Anyway, I don't know how much I'll be able to lose before this summer, but I figure it wouldn't hurt to... you know... NOT be obese. So hopefully this will help hold me to it!

Follow and friend me on:

MyFitnessPal.com @ GingerPandemic
Fitbit @ www.fitbit.com/user/2C7FH7

https://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/buff.gif

Height: 5' 6"
Weight: 185 lbs

Bust: 42"
Waist: 36"
Hips: 44"
Thighs: 25"

US Dress Size: 14 or 16 (boobs, y'all)

Holy back-tits, Batman! I'd really like to lose those!

Attachments

• 4-23-14_185.jpg
    4-23-14_185.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 36
Breakfast: 4 hard-boiled eggs (310 cal)

Workout: Approximately 835 calories burned
  • 3 reps 15 crunches
  • 40 minute Fat Burning Program on treadmill (1.5 miles)
  • 3 reps 15 crunches
  • 15 minutes leisurely walking

Lunch: 2 cans lite pears (572 cal)

Dinner: Chuy's! Chips (146 cal) and Southwestern (767 cal)

A lesson in reading labels... Just because you look at the can, and it says 60 calories, does NOT mean that the whole can is only 60 calories! Sneaky jerks! Who gets 3.5 servings out of a can?! I don't know anyone who sits down and eats a third of a can of fruit at a time! :sulk:

Here to cheer you on and stalk your progress! Love the opening post :haha:

Cheering you on as well!

Got a good laugh out of your "pepto-abismal" dress description ;)

You mentioned paleo, do you have any set plans for that yet or just slowly easing into it?

Hubs has done paleo before. And I cook for him, so I have effectively done paleo with more cheating than recommended. :haha:

We're going for high protein and low carbs, mostly.

High protein, low carb will do it. Just make sure you don't go too low (especially not for too long, if you Atkins or something). I've been at or about 80 g/ carbs a day since the end of last July and it's manageable. I cheat more often than I should (Hubster needs a fry party at Red Robin, etc.), but largely stick to it.

I about died laughing at your claims to obesity. You are less than an inch shorter than I am and I'm pretty sure you are below the "obese" threshold... I know because I am obsessed with being "mildly obese" by the end of the month. Haha, because I started barely "morbidly obese" so for me, it's another step in the right direction. I am sure you will get back into normal weight very quickly!

Agreed you don't look even close to obese looking at your before photos!!

I am just shy of being considered obese because of my BMI. But BMI is totally bullcrap, especially since my legs are so muscular. Muscle is heavy.

I agree. BMI is stupid and one of my pet peeves. I don't know why doctors use it when it's so flawed.

Here to cheer you on, my dear! Love your stats post...you are so much braver than me! Come by The Gym some times and hang out with us! :thumbup:

BMI is flawed, but not as much as people want it to be. I am extremely muscular, I won awards for power lifting when I had barely hit puberty. I was bench pressing over 200 pounds, deadlifting over 300 - big, grown man, heavy weights. And I swore the BMI chart was flawed... and then I started losing weight (the first time circa 2003-2006). And I got down to 154 pounds (barely in normal weight range) and honestly, I could still afford to lose a few pounds. And my muscle mass/ density is very much still there, it just means I'll be healthier at the upper end of normal than the lower end, bottoms out at 119 for me. That is true for most people, with extreme exceptions. Once you are in the lower over weight/ normal weight bracket, most body fat estimation methods and gizmos are highly accurate, and are better at that point.

Don't get me wrong - I WISH it was as skewed as people want it to be! I have a friend who's completely self-deluded (extra embarrassing because she's a biological scientist). She's convinced it's not healthy for her to weigh less than 200 pounds, claims she's 6 feet tall (more like 5' 9", as Hubster is 6' 1" and she's several inches shorter than him, even in heels). The only thing she has succeeding in doing is prevented herself from obtaining real health or wellness and I don't think you want to be in your own way, which is why I wanted to share.

Great first day, especially all that exercise!

Would you like a weight loss buddy? I am going to a wedding in Ireland in July and I am trying to lose some weight for it. I'd love someone to check in with and it would help keep me accountable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->