Bridesmaid? More like the blob that ate the wedding!

Thanks, everyone!

I had a big dinner (will update calorie counts soon) because hubs brought up his anorexic ex girlfriend, and made me promise I'd eat at least 1000 calories a day. Fair enough! I don't care about being skinny anywhere near as much as I care about being healthy. :thumbup:

Broke 20,000 steps! :happydance:

Hubs and I went for a walk after dinner. It was nice!

This is a pretty decent estimation method for your basic caloric needs (assuming you have a normally-functioning metabolism):
https://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html

You should try to eat at least 75-80% of your total daily energy expenditure per day. Cutting too much, you may stall your weight loss - or you lose the weight, but you force your body to use less (reducing your resting metabolism), which then makes your loss impossible to maintain. This is from someone who has had a life-long battle with obesity. My greatest and most long-lasting losses were slow and steady ones.

Now, Clandie:

Would I calculate with my sedentary lifestyle that got me to this weight ("little or no exercise"), or would I calculate with my new lifestyle ("heavy exercise")?

New lifestyle with heavy exercise. Your body is going to interpret it's needs based on what is being demanded of it. Every 10% decrease in your body weight, you should recalculate it (as it takes fewer calories to maintain a smaller body).

I forgot to mention the reason your metabolism slows if you don't eat enough is because your body will feed on muscle and bone to support strong deficits. It's one of the reasons anorexics are prone to heart conditions - the muscle is damaged to support life. In general, if you lose more than 1-2% of your body weight per week, you are losing something other than fat (water, muscle, bone, etc.).

That puts my TDEE at 2825. So you say I should eat between about 2119 and 2260 calories a day? MyFitnessPal put my goal at 1240 a day. That's a pretty big difference. I had 1497 at dinner and felt a little guilty, even though I did approximately 3138 worth of exercise according to Fitbit.

I can't believe how much you are exercising! Tired just reading it :haha:. You're my hero!

Wow! The only times I broke 20K were the days I spent wandering around Disneyland, and to and from the place we were staying. Go GingerPanda!

Myfitnesspal is really good for keeping track of calorie intake--but the calorie count they give you for daily consumption isn't always the best to go by, from what I understand.

Woah!

I never thought that loosing weight TOO FAST would be a problem! My weigh-in this morning has me down to 179... That's 6 pounds since Wednesday! :shock:

Unhealthy, much?! I will definitely be upping my calorie intake to 2120 per day. My goal is to be healthy, not skinny!

Also - make sure you stay hydrated. I know you said you hate water, which is just the weirdest thing to me because I drink decaf coffee, unsweetened tea, and water - and that's about it these days.

Try filtered water - I have a Zero water pitcher that gets rid of the taste that comes with our hard water here. Try things with a high water content (melons, especially). Other teas (maybe fruit teas, can sweeten with stevia... though less is more with stevia, if you overdo it it has a weird taste).

I had 64 floz of water yesterday. I am making it a point to drink it, even if I don't like it. I had nothing to drink but water yesterday. My water intake is on my Fitbit profile.

You are already more diligent than I am! I don't track my water intake. I do carry a water bottle around with me 24/7, so I know I get enough. I also don't track calories, btw, just carbs. To be honest I am a bit anti-calorie counting, even, but my endocrine system/ metabolism is so broken - it's impossible to ask my body to adhere to the calories in-calories out math. If I eat too many carbs, I feel like shit. If I keep the carbs low and complex, moderating simple sugars in my diet, and stick to high protein, high (high quality) fats - my body is happy. So that's what I do.

It's really interesting how everyone's so different!

Wow, awesome to see that weightloss!

Here is the link to my journal. It is pretty boring so far:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/d...ss/2165121-warbys-new-weightloss-journal.html

So my weight yesterday was incorrect. The WiiFit is the only "scale" I have (and I do have doubts as to its accuracy...), and I accidentally put my clothes in as "heavy" when they should have been "light". So that affected my weight. Still, I have lost about 4 lbs since I started!

AND I fit into size 11 (US) jeans today! I was at a 12/14! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->