Bridesmaid? More like the blob that ate the wedding!

I appreciate reality checks!

According to BMI, my ideal weight is 140 lbs, so that's my goal. I haven't been 140 lbs since I was 14 and busting my ass in guard. My body just doesn't want to weigh 140. It would prefer to hover around 160.

But I'm thinking some of that was due to poor teen diet and undiagnosed/untreated PCOS. I've started taking my Metformin again, so maybe it will help my body let go of a little weight.

Too bad my doc won't prescribe the time-release Metformin like Laura suggested. The regular Metformin makes you poop. A LOT. Just so everybody knows. :haha:

Great first day, especially all that exercise!

Would you like a weight loss buddy? I am going to a wedding in Ireland in July and I am trying to lose some weight for it. I'd love someone to check in with and it would help keep me accountable.

I would love as many weight loss buddies as I can get! My biggest fear is that I'll get lazy and just let it go.

Cool.

I have a fitbit flex (bracelet that counts steps, heartrate, measures sleep, etc). You can synch it with My Fitness Pal.

I try to meet my goal of 10 000 steps per day which for me means that I have to go on some dedicated walks.

I find it motivating. I have four other fitbit friends so I can see how many steps they each have over the last seven days. I am currently in the #2 position but am trying to overtake the leader!

Foodwise, I have been on a breakfast smoothie kick lately. I make them myself and I think that they are pretty healthy. Some 1% milk, some juice, some fat free, sugar free Greek yogurt and some frozen berries (just plain frozen berries). Whir it around the blender. Yum! I know the juice is not that great for me but I only end up with around 1/3 of a cup in my smoothie glass. The milk and yogurt provide protein and calcium, and the berries have fiber and other nutrients.

I also had coffee with a splash of milk. I think I would die without coffee.

I appreciate reality checks!

According to BMI, my ideal weight is 140 lbs, so that's my goal. I haven't been 140 lbs since I was 14 and busting my ass in guard. My body just doesn't want to weigh 140. It would prefer to hover around 160.

But I'm thinking some of that was due to poor teen diet and undiagnosed/untreated PCOS. I've started taking my Metformin again, so maybe it will help my body let go of a little weight.

Too bad my doc won't prescribe the time-release Metformin like Laura suggested. The regular Metformin makes you poop. A LOT. Just so everybody knows. :haha:

Usually there's a range, how did you get an "ideal" estimate? The range for me, which should be very similar to you is like 119-157. My goal is actually 164, at least for now. Interestingly having an "overweight" BMI actually is correlated with greater longevity, versus "normal" BMI.

PCOS can be a huge bitch, from what I understand, but keeping your carb intake low should counteract the predisposition to developing insulin resistance - as will exercise!

I officially have a Fitbit Flex! I've synced it with my computer and MyFitnessPal, and I'm wearing it now.

I officially have a Fitbit Flex! I've synced it with my computer and MyFitnessPal, and I'm wearing it now.

Want to be fitbit buddies? I will PM you my email address if you do.

Sure! I want to be Fitbit buddies with everyone! (But I don't know how!)

And I weighed myself today, and I have lost two pounds, even after eating lunch!

Breakfast: 2 hard-boiled eggs (155 cal)

Lunch: Ground beef, steamed broccoli, Diet Pepsi (391 cal)

Dinner: Stir-fry with onions, carrots, broccoli, 1 tbsp sauce (207 cal)

Workout: According to FitBit, I have burned 1866 calories today.
  • 3 reps 15 crunches
  • 40 minutes treadmill, 3.5mph 2% grade
  • 40 minutes leisurely walking
  • 30 minutes sword sparring with hubs
  • 4370 steps logged on FitBit (new, only worn from about 3pm)

Daily Weigh-in: 183

I'd be careful with diet soda, it can be worse for you then even regular soda...I'll see if I can find it, but there have been a few articles explaining why. Something about the fake sugar they use and it may cause weight gain...

Other then that, I'm impressed with your excersising! You're kicking butt GP!

Whoa. That's a lot of calories burned! Beautiful work!

I'd be careful with diet soda, it can be worse for you then even regular soda...I'll see if I can find it, but there have been a few articles explaining why. Something about the fake sugar they use and it may cause weight gain...

Other then that, I'm impressed with your excersising! You're kicking butt GP!

Yes, it's not good for you, especially if you have diabetes. But I absolutely hate drinking water, and yesterday I forced myself to have 48 fl oz. Yuck! I deserved that diet pop. It was either that or one of my delicious peach ciders that has like 300-something calories in it.

For those who are curious, sex adds like 500 steps to FitBit. :haha:

For those who are curious, sex adds like 500 steps to FitBit. :haha:

Bwa ha ha!

There is a "friends" button on the fitbit dashboard, and you can enter email addresses to invite friends. Put my email address in there. I will PM it to you now.

GingerPanda, I am glad we are weight loss buddies. This is your thread; do you want me to post my diet/exercise summaries here or maybe somewhere else?

Warby, I'm glad we're weight loss buddies too!

This is my journal to keep track of my personal progress. I wouldn't mind updates on your progress in here every so often, but I'd love if you had a journal of your own I could follow! :thumbup:

Breakfast: Kroger brand Maple & Brown Sugar Instant Oatmeal (160 cal)

Lunch: Michelina's Lean Gourmet - Pepperoni Pizza Snack Rolls (200 cal)

Dinner: Steak, baked potato, and a cracker appetizer (1,137 cal)

Workout:
  • 6 reps 15 crunches
  • 40 minutes treadmill, 2.5mph 2% grade
  • 60 minutes leisurely walking
  • 10 minutes treadmill, 4.5mph
  • 3 reps 10 leg presses @ 30lbs
  • 45 minutes leisurely walking with hubs after dinner
  • 20,000+ steps on Fitbit!
  • Approximately 3,121 calories burned today!

What I'm Taking:
  • 1 x One A Day Women's Active Metabolism
  • 3 x DietWorks Garcinia Cambogia 500mg
  • 3 x Metformin HCL 500mg

No snacks! I've been a champ! Went grocery shopping, and the bakery was just putting out fresh-baked donuts and muffins. Oh, they smelled so good, but I was strong!

That's some great willpower! Fresh baked donuts smell so good!

I will start my own journal then and let you know when I do! :)

I can't wait!

I just broke 15,000 steps for the day! Which is good, because we're going out to dinner tonight. :D

At the rate you're going, if you keep it up, I see no reason you shouldn'tbe able to reach your goal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->