bright red blood at 12+2...terrified, please read!

BrookieG

Mummy to Ollie
Reaction score
hi girls, i woke up this morning and went to the loo...had a bowel movement and when i wiped there was bright red blood. Wiped again n there is nothing! Bowel movement yesterday kinda stung but no blood, today it was pain free and there was blood....my uterus felt very heavy yesterday, but i just thought its coz my womb is sitting forward n maybe baby was pressing on my bladder or something??? I'm totally terrifed now!! Thought that after the 12 week mark things like this would stop worrying me and here i am! Now i dont know whether i should just go into work and explain it to my boss saying im taking it easy n playing it by ear whether ill stay all day or not, or take the day off, which will no doubt have me sitting tearing myself up with worry....please if anyone else has experienced this a bit further on in the first tri, please please reassure me...im petrified of going back to the loo to check...

p.s. i have had piles/hemerroids in the past so know what they feel like, yesterday it felt like i might have little ones but usually the bleeding only came when it was sore, not the day after...x

go to see your doc and check... i always go to my dr everytime i bleed.... to make sure the baby is fine...

my doc said i only now deal with my midwife, i was never given a contact number for her n she is only at the surgery on a thursday :( x

I may have missed something when reading your post but you didn't specify where the blood was coming from.
If you have had piles then I'd say the blood was coming from your bottom. Did you notice any blood in your poo, as that would give you a clue as to where the blood originated from.
Sorry I cant be of more help xx

my doc said i only now deal with my midwife, i was never given a contact number for her n she is only at the surgery on a thursday :( x

There are midwives in dr's surgery every day and even if there isnt, the receptionist will call the MW on their mobile and ask them to give you a callback. x

thats wat i mean i dont know where the blood came from....i didnt notice any blood in my poo, i had a pain yesterday with a bowel movement but no blood, and then today no pain....i dunno where the blood came from x

It may be just the hemorrhoid. I also had that problem. Weird that the other day I was constipated, had a rough bowel movement, but it didn't bleed. The next day, I had diarrhea, and there was blood when I wiped. If you are sure the blood didn't come from your vagina, then the baby should be fine.

Try to eat more fiber. Taking fiber supplement, like Metamucil also helps.

if its from your back end then you'll be able to see it since rectal bleeding is more often than not, a tear on the surface of the skin.
Maybe it tore yesterday and you irritated the tear causing it to bleed.
Have you tried having a look? as unpleasant as it sounds you'd be able to see it if it was from your bum

if its from your back end then you'll be able to see it since rectal bleeding is more often than not, a tear on the surface of the skin.
Maybe it tore yesterday and you irritated the tear causing it to bleed.
Have you tried having a look? as unpleasant as it sounds you'd be able to see it if it was from your bum

Yes. Take a clean tissue, and press it on you bottom. If it just broke, it may still be some trace of blood.

You can do the same with your vagina. If was bleeding from there, there may still be some trace of blood that will be flushed with you CM.

thanks girls, i pressed a bit of loo paper at each end about 10 mins after this happened n there was nothing. I just phoned the early pregnancy unit n they said it could either be piles or that my placenta has now taken over so the bleed could be due to the hormone change. If i have any more bleeding ive to go straight up n they'll do a reassurance scan...away to head to work now please keep everything crossed girls i cant lose another baby x

oh sweet, so sorry to read your post but try not to worry. could be from either (er' hm...end) and bleeding does not always mean miscarriage!
i know your extra worriee thi time hun but like the other ladies said ring your dr's surgery, expalin they will give you midwifes no.....then they might book you in for a scan before the end of the week.
you've seen a heartbeat and all on the scan looked fine so your chances of miscarrying are low.
think positive, also when I start to miscarry or im not sure I get a small piece of tissue and put it into my 'v' and check if there was more blood and where it came from.
thinking of u and baby g xxxxx

Hope everything will be fine. We'll keep our fingers crossed!:hugs:

I get the same after a bowel movement and I panicked but it was from my bum. It does not happen all the time but when it does it is bright red blood. Blood from your vagina is a little more gooey if you know what I mean (as in mixed with cm) but blood from bum is just like blood if you cut your finger say. If you want to get checked I would go doctors hun. They can't just fob you off. You are still a patient!! Xxxxx

thanks Laura, hope your doing well hun, think about you all the time! It was just such a fright, hitting the 12 week mark on Sunday was a big milestone for us so seeing that today was terrifying...my symptoms have been lesser too but the midwife at the epu said thats prob due to the placenta taking over now...god this is gonna be a loooooong day today...thanks again sweetie xxx

hey Brookie, i haven't got personal experience of this BUT, i do remember reading a thread on here not too long ago, about this happening to some other ladies, and i think it turned out to be that pressure from a bowel movement can actually make you bleed, as your cervix is very sensitive etc... i can't find it at the moment, maybe you'll have better luck, i'm rubbish at searches, but it was only a month or so ago i reckon, i'm sure you'll be ok, but i know you must be terrified all the same, poor love,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

thank you hun i hope its all ok....i just cant lose another baby xx

I think its your bowels movement that caused, either with your hemarroids or you maybe have a fisha tear, they dont always have to hurt when having a bowel movement but can be irritated by it, hence the bleeding, I am sure all is ok :hugs:

brooke! i hope everything is okay for you sweetheart... im sure its nothing to worry about, i know its easier said than done. keep us updated hunni xx

Hi, I read your thread and it reminded me of my experience this week: I had bleeding (vaginal) last Tuesday night. When I went to the loo and wiped there was bright red blood, quite watery, on the paper. I wiped again and there was more. I wiped a third time and there was hardly anything. I had brown tinted CM for the rest of that evening. I called my MW the following morning and she asked me a few questions but didn't seem to concerned as I hadn't had abdominal pain. She booked me an appointment at the Early Pregnancy Unit for one week later (today) and I just came back and everything was fine. I had a scan but there was no explanation for it happening, could be the placenta taking over last week, or it could be hormonal because it was when my period would have been due.

Try not to worry, hope you get to speak to your MW soon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->