Bringing Infertility Out The Closet

Princess Lou

Finally a Mummy!
Reaction score
WE HAVE AN INTERESTED PUBLISHER

Ladies (and Gentlemen),

I plan on putting a book together about real life infertility. The beginning of the book will have a detailed outlook of what infertility is, the causes and treatments which will be written with professional help. Instead of chapters however, I plan on having people’s stories, experiences. So Chapter One would be called ‘The Brown’s Story’ and it will have the story from Mrs Brown, Mr Brown, Mrs Brown’s mother and Mr Brown’s sister for example. The point from the person with infertility and how the partner copes and family members or friends who see them going through it.

Ideally I want a wide range of people: women suffering with the varying reasons, men with poor sperm quality and also same sex partners and their struggles for example.

Anyway, if anyone wishes to be part of this or find out more information, ask me here or send me a private message.

My reasons for doing this you may ask?

I’ve spent four years researching infertility and everything I come across is medical or books such as “I was infertile for years, I did three simple things and now I have four wonderful children. Spend a fortune on my book and I’ll tell you what I did and even though all of us are different and not everything works for everyone, I guarantee you will get pregnant or at least I’ll get rich.” Hmmm, don’t see that title selling many books. Lol. Anyway, I have yet to find anything that has real life experiences, what couples have gone through and experiences throughout, both with medical and non-medical.

Infertility is still very much taboo and I hope to do my part in bringing it out of the closet.

Hey,

Myself and my wife are a same sex couple who were trying from January to November last year with one miscarriage but no other success. I have PCOS and we stopped TTC because I was signed off work with stress for two weeks, much of which I think was TTC related.

Happy to have a chat if you like? I have a blog (linked in my sig) or you can pm me here xxx

Got it :) ill reply after the weekend Hun am working non stop. Great thing you're doing xx

Got it :) ill reply after the weekend Hun am working non stop. Great thing you're doing xx

No problem at all. Take your time, I don't want anyone to rush into it, it's a big decision putting your story out there.

And thanks. X

I would be willing to consider this!

I would be willing to consider this!

If you have any questions, please ask and I will answer them. It is a big decision and not one that should be made without being 100% comfortable.

One thing I forgot to mention is anonymity is an option if you would prefer not to have your name in print.

I guess I would just like a little more information on the book. Like, what all are you putting in it? What kind of stuff do you want included in our story. From day 1 to finally concieving (if we do). How long would I have to get it to you? How many Point of Views would you like and who you would prefer (me, DH, My mom, My sister, My cousin, all of who are there with me 100%). Would you want copies of my FF charts? Would you want pictures? How long do you think it would take to get the book out? Would it be availible in the US? And if we contribute, could we get a copy? Sorry for all the questions. Just curious. I think this is an amazing idea that I am strongly considering. Im an open book about my Unexplained Infertilty, so I usually talk to whoever wants to know stuff. But I also know that this would be so much easier with a book like this!

I'll answer all your questions as best as I can but if I miss something, please forgive me. I want anyone who considers contributing to ask any questions they may have, at the end of that day, it's not like telling your friends, it's going to be out there for the world (fingers crossed) to see. The more questions you ask, the happier I am as I will feel that you are 100% certain that you are happy with what you are doing.

My story starts from when we made the decision to TTC, what happened in the journey that made it difficult, like my Mum passing and relocating. The medications we tried, the feelings I've had, how other people effect me from announcing their 6th pregnancy when they can't look after the first five to people telling unwanted and unhelpful things such as "Just relax". What stage we're at now, what we'll do if it doesn't work etc. (I'm going to be finishing mine today as so I can send a copy to you if you wish, I regularly update it to ensure nothing gets missed.)

I don't have a time scale at the moment, not many people have responded yet so I'll know how long once I've got enough participants. I don't want it rushed, it needs to be as accurate as possible. People also have their lives and jobs to lead as well and I don't want to cause problems there.

I would obviously like the points from the parents, but from there, it's up to you who you get them from. I was thinking around 10,000 words for each family/chapter. I'm writing mine and will have about 3,000-3,500 words, my hubby will end up with about 2,000-2,500 so that leaves 4,000-5,000 for my MIL and sister to write theirs. The idea might seem daunting now for writing that much but when you sit down, begin and are able to put down every thought, fear and hope, knowing somewhere soon someone will read it and thank you for it, the words will flow.

I'm going to say no to charts and pictures at the moment, although when the final draft is done, examples of charts etc might be required, I'm unsure of that yet.

Once I have everyone's chapters, it wouldn't take too long to get it published, it could be done within 30 days but I don't want this stage rushed when I've encouraged everyone to take their time, but it shouldn't be more than three months at longest. Ideally I will have it available in every country possible, however, to start with, it will be available in the UK and hopefully the US too, although that I cannot guarantee as yet. I waiting for the publishing house to get back to me so we can meet and iron out the specifics. Everyone who has a story in the book will have a copy of the book if they wish.

I think that's everything but if I've missed something or there's anything else, please let me know.

X

Thanks.I'm seriously considering it! Ill think hard about it and let you know!

Guys,

I've set up a Facebook Page for the book.

https://www.facebook.com/infertilitythe.unspokendisability

Please visit and spread the word.

Thanks.

X

It might be helpful if I could read your story. Might give me an idea of how to put mine.

Hi Guys!

A publisher is very interested in getting this book out as soon as possible.

However, we are still short of 6-8 families.

If you are interested please, ask me for further details or visit the Facebook page.

Everyone who is in the final draft is entitled to a copy.

If you know anyone that may be interested, please direct them to me.

Thanks.

Good luck with this x

Thanks. I just wish a few more people were interested.

Unless I can generate further interest I don't think it will go ahead and I can't think of how to do this safely, really don't want anyone 'stealing' my idea. Lol.

Hey,

I would be interested in sharing our story, We have been TTC for over 5 years now, with male factor infertility (Motility).

Hey,

I would be interested in sharing our story, We have been TTC for over 5 years now, with male factor infertility (Motility).

That's fantastic.

Do you have any questions?

Please feel free to like the FaceBook page, & follow on Twitter (see links below) and feel free to contact me through either of these or PM me on here

Thank you.

I don't think I have any questions right now. I won't like the facebook page purely because I don't want people on my facebook knowing what we are going through as a lot of people have already not been very supportive.

I completely understand that.

If you do have any questions, at any point, please feel free to contact me. I'm always around in one way or another. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->